Gravel Ginder

smerds

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying a gravel bike and seems like the options are limited in my opinion? Perhaps due to the very specific use of the bike and the manufactures not selling huge volumes.

I do not have any experience on the Titan Racing Switch Pro but the bike is well specked and priced. Is this the no brainier option or what other brands should one look at?

The Canyon Grail looks lekker but then the import duties, VAT and the possible long wait makes it slightly less attractive.

Giant has the Revolt and seems like only the Advanced 2 and Advanced 0 models are available in South Africa. The Giant is attractive due to the lifetime warranty on the frame. 

Any other comments, models and input will be appreciated, especially from guys who have taken any of these bikes for a proper ride.

I ride Specialized Diverge Comp . My weapon of choice . I ride my mtb only when real mtb riding required . The Diverge has the suspension in the stem as well as under saddle . Very few g bikes has it and makes for a very comfy ride on gravel and tar . Love it !

Trek checkpoint. Fell in love with it at koeberg. Had an interesting twist in our relationship while solo riding in the karoo around calvinia. Fell put of love with it on the amarider and back in love with it in the battle of the bikes in Laingsburg on Saturday. We're getting married in a nice little ceremony on the swartberg pass this coming saturday.

No suspension but stranglehold bolt allows wheelbase to be lengthened and shortened which changes the bike handling and space for 45mm tyres.

Farr gravel bikes look great and well priced, good deals on the momsen ones.  I had a cannondale slate which was super comfortable and fun.  I don't really think your options are that limited

Personally I use a light hardtail with a lauf fork and 45mm gravel tyres  - I've tried several gravel bikes, this just works better for me and gives me the 1x12 option I couldn't get on any gravel bikes at the time.

Farr gravel bikes look great and well priced, good deals on the momsen ones.  I had a cannondale slate which was super comfortable and fun.  I don't really think your options are that limited

Personally I use a light hardtail with a lauf fork and 45mm gravel tyres  - I've tried several gravel bikes, this just works better for me and gives me the 1x12 option I couldn't get on any gravel bikes at the time.

Looked at the FARR website but seems like they have very limited bikes sizes available and the only agent in the Western Cape is a bike shop in Worcester which don't even have the bike on their website  :thumbdown:

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying a gravel bike and seems like the options are limited in my opinion? Perhaps due to the very specific use of the bike and the manufactures not selling huge volumes.

I do not have any experience on the Titan Racing Switch Pro but the bike is well specked and priced. Is this the no brainier option or what other brands should one look at?

The Canyon Grail looks lekker but then the import duties, VAT and the possible long wait makes it slightly less attractive.

Giant has the Revolt and seems like only the Advanced 2 and Advanced 0 models are available in South Africa. The Giant is attractive due to the lifetime warranty on the frame. 

Any other comments, models and input will be appreciated, especially from guys who have taken any of these bikes for a proper ride.

Must it be new? There are quite a lot of 2nd hand in the Classifieds?