Garmin Launch Edge 530 and Edge 830

shaper

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF that Climbpro feature relies on the somewhat variable elevation numbers my Garmin produces I would not be pacing too many climbs very well at all.

So the next question is how much extra these are going to cost locally vs internationally.

GARMIN 530

USD299 = roughly ZAR4500

my bets are this will be R5500 to R6500 locally. Maybe more?

Edited by Furbz

Probably more, the 520+ currently on special at easy GIS at R5900 for the performance bundle.

I think my edge25 and my fashion accessory on my wrist will remain my primary form of data recording for a while longer...

IF that Climbpro feature relies on the somewhat variable elevation numbers my Garmin produces I would not be pacing too many climbs very well at all.

It doesn't, relies on mapping which should be very accurate.

I'm a Garmin fan but when you compare more "bang for your bucks", i think the Wahoo Element Bolt is a better option to go for.

Unfortunately Vitality don't seem to think so... :ph34r:

These are a step or two above what Wahoo offer at the moment.  Agree the Bolt is a great computer for the price, but I'm willing to bet Wahoo are looking to punch directly against the Garmin volume seller - being the 520 up to now but probably the 530 going forward.

Wahoo probably have a new release in the pipeline that includes proper routable mapping.

That Trailforks integration could be brilliant, especially if you travel a bit. I’m thinking of getting a 530 and leaving it on the MTB. My 520 can then stay on the road bike.

I will be waiting for Black-friday specials on the 530.

I wonder if it will be on vitality

• 3 weeks later...

So the next question is how much extra these are going to cost locally vs internationally.

GARMIN 530

USD299 = roughly ZAR4500

my bets are this will be R5500 to R6500 locally. Maybe more?

Yes, we often get shafted locally, but before you compare the local price to that of the US, remember, their prices DO NOT include sales tax.  That gets added at the till (or not at all, depending on the State and the online shopping rules - get's quite complicated)

But still, even adding 15% VAT to the US price and the applying a quite liberal exchange rate, we tend to always pay more