Garmin Launch Edge 530 and Edge 830

shaper

I called Garmin SA last week and was told that they are waiting for stock - 2 weeks. Apparently, is the SA SKU needed that includes mapping for our region. so it's anybody's guess when it'll be available

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hubbers

We still have a few Pre-Order units left at the "Old" (Before the Rand Tanked) prices....

- Garmin Edge 530 & Edge 530 Bundle

- https://www.easybike.co.za/catalogsearch/result/?q=Edge+530

Garmin Edge 830 & Edge 830 Bundle

- https://www.easybike.co.za/catalogsearch/result/?q=Edge+830&x=0&y=0

Get them while you can. Stock expected end of August.

We are also offering a Free Thule Subterra Bag and an Entry into winning a set of Ray-Bans for all Pre-Ordered units.

Regards

EasyBike

Edited by EasyBike

Does anyone know if WhatsApp messages come through on the 530 ?

(Please don't start a debate about whether or not you want WhastApp while you ride)

Just got and email from Garmin with regard to pre-ordering.

Hi Shaper

Correct, and you can also Pre-Order through our website.

With the added Bonus of a slightly cheaper price while stocks last and a Free Thule Bag and an entry to win a set of Ray-Ban Sunglasses. :clap:

Regards

Easybike

(Please don't start a debate about whether or not you want WhastApp while you ride)

Possibly also check if "Telegram" comes through the 530 ....

Apparently Telegram is friendlier towards third party applications than WhatsApp ....

They do on a Fenix 5, so stands to reason they will on the 530.

Hi Splat

Yes WhatsApp messages will come through on your Edge 530.

You might have to enable it on the unit and on your phone. But it does work and come thorugh on the Edge 530.

Regards

EasyBike

Hi Splat

Yes WhatsApp messages will come through on your Edge 530.

You might have to enable it on the unit and on your phone. But it does work and come thorugh on the Edge 530.

Regards

EasyBike

If I'm lucky enough to get one (read afford), I hope this is true.

it took many frustrating emails to Garmin when the 520 plus was released to verify this.

Which no one could, then did, then didn't, then weren't sure, then did, then eventually verified it would not be the case.

would be super helpful if it's the case with the 530

Seems that the 945 is still not shipping locally either. I'm in need of longer battery on my 520 for an upcoming cycling holiday. I'm going to have to pull the trigger soon on the 520+ or the 530. waiting breathlessly.... 

Seems that the 945 is still not shipping locally either. I'm in need of longer battery on my 520 for an upcoming cycling holiday. I'm going to have to pull the trigger soon on the 520+ or the 530. waiting breathlessly.... 

Can you not fit a Garmin Charge Power Pack - https://shop.navworld.co.za/garmin-charge-power-pack.html ? Supposed to double battery time even if it is expensive. Otherwise, look at a dynano hub front wheel and usb charger