CWC/CYCLELAB ANNUAL SALE

CWC Online

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and this is why i buy internationally...

I "could" buy, courier, pay VAT & handling fees and get what I want at XT level from CRC at 15% less than the SALE SLX parts as advertised in the CWC site.

But unfortunately, they won't ship Shimano to South Africa anymore.

So yesterday the s-track pedals were R749 on sale with a RRP of about R1100 if memory serves me correct...a  saving of X amount...

Today, same said pedals are R899 with a RRP of R1499

Someones ripping someone a new one.

That was only one of the things I noticed, lemme see if I can grab a screenshot of the cached webpage and show what Im talking about.

Seems the days of CWC honesty and proper sales are long gone with the new sharks on board.

The only thing left to play is bowls until until that gets bought by cycle lab and they wanna sell you fancy white shoes

i've been keeping an eye on strack prices for a while and 750 ain't bad

when I saw the "sale" flyer i jumped and got two sets at the sale price of 750 (alhtough the flyer shows the race version)

and got my screenshot in.

wonder if CWC/Cyclelab falls under ASA as I see ondayonly got a pakslae the other day for false advertising

post-38473-0-07930800-1556269528_thumb.png

The price on the box is 899 so it's not really a "sale"

I highly doubt that a retailer will change price stickers every time something goes on sale.

4339ce282bca28553813d3f6ad9156f6.jpg

I "could" buy, courier, pay VAT & handling fees and get what I want at XT level from CRC at 15% less than the SALE SLX parts as advertised in the CWC site.

Use Aramex Global Shopper

CWC does actually, seen it a few times on ridiculously discounted items

I highly doubt that a retailer will change price stickers every time something goes on sale.

It not a hack. You can use the method that's been posted by a few people here where you set your location on the CRC site to UK. Find what you want and add it to 'wish list'. swap the location back to SA then move the Shimano / Sram / whatever from 'wish list' to your basket, pay for it and boom they deliver here. 

So yesterday the s-track pedals were R749 on sale with a RRP of about R1100 if memory serves me correct...a saving of X amount...

That was only one of the things I noticed, lemme see if I can grab a screenshot of the cached webpage and show what Im talking about.

Seems the days of CWC honesty and proper sales are long gone with the new sharks on board.

The only thing left to play is bowls until until that gets bought by cycle lab and they wanna sell you fancy white shoes

To be fair, I called them out for this a few times, long before the acquisition.

That still seems rather expensive for old stock of a discontinued product.

That still seems rather expensive for old stock of a discontinued product.

that's why I got them at the old sale price of R750

So yesterday the s-track pedals were R749 on sale with a RRP of about R1100 if memory serves me correct...a  saving of X amount...

Sorry to burst your bubble .... THIS has always been the hallmark of CWC sales !  Search this forum and you will find the same "issue" with each and every sale.  I have also reported similar price discrepancies with previous sales.

Am I mistakenly thinking that the Wahoo Kickr 4 plus HR monitor for R16999 is a great deal? I've been looking for a while and can't find a Kickr 4 anywhere for less than R19999. Gat jeuk!