Cycles United Online

Cycles United Online

Seems like a complicated way of doing traditional shopping....

Been an interesting couple of weeks, getting parts for our 26'' rebuild project ....

THREE local shops, each with a big on-line presence.

Shop 1 - granted they are mostly on-line, with a small shop in Durbanville .... LOT of items on the web is NOT "in-store" .... DO CALL befre driving there !  But their prices are the SAME on the web and in shop ....  

Shop 2 - that big one in Bellville ... They have a nice special going, yet another one.  So we drive there to buy a pair of Shimano pedals, on special and on their web ready to buy .... NOPE, no stock.  Next I do some web surfing looking for a bike computer, but they dont have what I want on their web page .... Next day I walk into the shop and find a display case full of computers that are not on their website ....  BUT, they gave me a very good discount and I bought "in shop" ....

Shop 3 - in Malmesbury .... I took my car for a service, and walked over to BA ... NOPE, their web prices are better than their shelf prices .... after some more diffing figured out that a LOT of the stuff on their web is NOT "in store" items ....

NOT complaining.  It was just interesting to note how the on-line vs in-store experiences differed between these three .....  interesting times .....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Weren't you guys stocking Norco? I remember stumbling on this collective a while back and thinking it was a good idea to beef up LBS and hopefully get better buying power.  

I think they were but I also heard that Norco's are not allowed to be sold online(international policy), must be bought at the shop due to safety reasons but all Cycles united stores have them. 

• 10 months later...