Garmin 45, 245 and 945

shaper

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity about the price hike ($599 vs $499 for the 935), but the 945 is the tri watch to get!

Just been reading DC's review and even with the price it seems to have all of the stuff that the recently released Garmin Marq watches have and they are $1500 and upwards... so still seems a good option

Just been reading DC's review and even with the price it seems to have all of the stuff that the recently released Garmin Marq watches have and they are $1500 and upwards... so still seems a good option

The Marq watches are vanity pieces.  I'd rather compare them to something more functional like the Fenix 5 Plus, or whatever you'd expect from Fenix 6.

F5 Plus RRP is $649, currently discounted to $499.  Yes the 945 has it beat on features, but doesn't feel like the relative bargain the 935 was.

Wonder how many of us guys will start syncing our mensies now that we more aware of them.

We already are.  Right before 947 and Argus (when the Cradle and Peninsula are crowded, respectively) we all develop KMS - Knorrige Man Syndrome.

We already are.  Right before 947 and Argus (when the Cradle and Peninsula are crowded, respectively) we all develop KMS - Knorrige Man Syndrome.

Don't forget also e-bikes in races and on the trails, and gravel bikes in MTB only races!!

Anyone have an idea when the 945 will be available in SA?

For those who are interested, I called Garmin South Africa this morning and they reckon the new watches will be available in SA around July some time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got my 945 from the US, very happy with it as an upgrade to my F5.  Quite a lot of new features if you are into the metrics and analysis.

Just bought some new headphones, so will try the music out soon