Garmin 45, 245 and 945

shaper

Got my 945 from the US, very happy with it as an upgrade to my F5.  Quite a lot of new features if you are into the metrics and analysis.

Just bought some new headphones, so will try the music out soon

I would be interested to hear your experience with music please?

Does it play loud, is I consistent while training , i.e. no drops?

Which ear pieces you paired?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had the 945 since July and use the these https://www.takealot.com/jbl-endurance-sprint-wireless-waterproof-sports-headphones-lime/PLID52342063

Plenty loud enough and no drops

Edit: only thing that does anoy me is when using on a run, every km i get a tiny screech notification then a voice telling me stats for that km in my ear. Same when at the gym, when using garmin strength workout to record my reps, every time you hit the lap button to rest between sets and then the lap button to start the next set, i get the screetch sound in my ear. This overrides the song for a second or two..... i still have to figure out how to switch off notification whilst during a workout

Edited by shaper

I've been using mine with a pair of JBL Endurance Sprint earphones since May and never had any issues with the music.

Have had the 945 since July and use the these https://www.takealot.com/jbl-endurance-sprint-wireless-waterproof-sports-headphones-lime/PLID52342063

Edit: only thing that does anoy me is when using on a run, every km i get a tiny screech notification then a voice telling me stats for that km in my ear. Same when at the gym, when using garmin strength workout to record my reps, every time you hit the lap button to rest between sets and then the lap button to start the next set, i get the screetch sound in my ear. This overrides the song for a second or two..... i still have to figure out how to switch off notification whilst during a workout

I really, really want a 945, but recently had my 735Xt replaced under warranty, so can't justify an upgrade.  <_<

I really, really want a 945, but recently had my 735Xt replaced under warranty, so can't justify an upgrade.  <_<

Sell brand new warranty replacement 735XT and upgrade ;)

Any good? I'm looking at getting this one. 

I'm really happy with it, first and foremost the shape, lightness (weight) interchangeable straps, buttons (over touch screen) and narrow-ish bezels were all I was initially looking for in my first Garmin. And that's coming from a long time G-Shock user. The battery life lasts really long, 5 days with 2 long runs. It has great smartwatch features which I don't use. About two weeks ago I really experienced the wow factor when I did a overnight hike in Ceres, using a pre-loaded map the watch did a great job at navigating even though it's not really meant for navigation. So all in all, really good watch. Its about R2k less in USA if you ever looking at getting a Garmin and know someone coming from the States...

Thanks, picked up a pair at lunch. Hooked them up and they work well enough. Just need to get more finesse in my porky fingers as the controls are finiky but once set they wont be moved.

Thanks, picked up a pair at lunch. Hooked them up and they work well enough. Just need to get more finesse in my porky fingers as the controls are finiky but once set they wont be moved.

You can also adjust volume and change tracks via the watch as well.

Agreed, takes a bit of getting use to with the flick of a finger to change tracks etc..... have on occasions switched it off by mistake.  Now once I have the volume at the level i want, just leave them alone, start, play, stop after workout.

Yes, I suspect will be using the watch controls more than the controls on the earbuds.

aint technology amazing.

I now measure things on my wrist I never knew even existed, listen to music which is stored on my watch and have a GPS connection.

Never really found the controls on those finicky. Tap once to pasue/play, twice for next track, 3 times for previous track, swipe up for volume up and down for volume down...

i will admit to only switching them on once I'm wearing them otherwise the touch sensor does all sorts of things while you are trying to put them in.

So, I did something I have never done before. I ran listening to old Lemmy and Steve Vai yesterday. Certainly adds a dimension to a run. I enjoyed it. Did make my footfalls a lot more pronounced within my body initially but after a while I got used to it. Music is a natural drug.

will be running a lot more in future with music, not always. I like running and hearing the natural sounds etc.

Thanks for the advice all.

So, I did something I have never done before. I ran listening to old Lemmy and Steve Vai yesterday. Certainly adds a dimension to a run. I enjoyed it. Did make my footfalls a lot more pronounced within my body initially but after a while I got used to it. Music is a natural drug.

will be running a lot more in future with music, not always. I like running and hearing the natural sounds etc.

Thanks for the advice all.

Cool, glad worked ok, quite nice running with only your watch and having music.  Is more once in a while for me than the norm... as also like the sights and sounds when out running.

If you want best of both worlds, can always upgrade to the bone conductors like AfterShokz https://aftershokz.com/products/trekz-air

I sometimes just like the quietness of when running!

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where I can find a screen protector for the FR 945 in Cape Town?  Most places try to sell me the ones for the 935, but numerous reviews report that these just don't fit the 945 properly.