Giant Revolt

Fauret

The world of gravel biking/bikepacking has interested me for a while now and will probably lead to me buying one.

The Revolt range from Giant looks to me like the best my money can buy. After doing some reading on the net I can't seem to find a South African Opinion/Review and would like to get some feedback from someone who owns one. The Pro's and Cons, what to keep in mind and other bikes with more value for my money.

I have ordered the Advance 0 - just waiting for it to get here.  i went for the 0 because of the ultegra hydraulic brakes and the carbon wheels which i would have wanted to upgrade anyway.

Have been looking at options for good while and kept on coming back to the Revolt.

I wanted a bike that can do both road and gravel - will ride the carbon rims with 28c on the road and then have a set of ZTR crests for gravel days.

will let you know what i think once i've ridden

While the current models offers a lot of value, I think waiting for the 2020 models with GRX group sets will probably be even better. Given that it will spec Gravel specific components.

Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

I'm a huge Giant fan and looked at the Revolt as a gravel bike option. Ended up settling for the Titan Switch Pro. Running 43mm Panaracer tyres, what a pleasure.

The value is hard to beat, carbon bike with full Ultegra at the same price of Alu and 105.

I must say, it is unbeatable value.

For me looking at a gravel bike, things like ride comfort etc. also comes into play. If not it will be stupid to not consider the Titan.

Would love to see a comparison of the 2.

I've been on the Revolt Advance 0 for 3 weeks now and am loving it.

First weekend out was 150km road ride with 28mm tires on the spec rims. Quick change of wheels and 45c tires and was racing CX the next day.

Perfect one bike, two applications.

The ride is stiff but comfy, it climbs far better than i expected and is stable and direct on the descents.

It feels compliant over the rough stuff without being sloppy.

Doesn't feel like a gravel specific bike, more like a race bike that enjoys the playing in the dirt.

Got myself a Revolt after 2 different Anyroads over the last 3 year... Very happy with it

Just got another set of wheels for some Road riding

The geometry is similar to the 2019 Defy to an extent but then accommodates for fatter tyres.

Couldn't justify the Revolt 0 for the amount of riding I actually do sonwent with the 2x11 version considering the 1x11 option is not available in SA

Edited by Raf

I'm a huge Giant fan and looked at the Revolt as a gravel bike option. Ended up settling for the Titan Switch Pro. Running 43mm Panaracer tyres, what a pleasure.

The value is hard to beat, carbon bike with full Ultegra at the same price of Alu and 105.

Also a good option. Nicely spec'd at a good price along with the transferable warranty.

The geometry is more CX though