TokaiMTB AGM 2019

marko35s

Hi, it's not a change, we were required to create a membership database which we did at the start of 2018 and now instituting. 

this doesn't not appear to be good governance as membership should not be linked to trail advocacy of public land. Have members if you like but this should not be a prerequisite  of voting on a public issue. Its like the government making it a requirement for the public to members of a political party before they can vote. 

This doesn't smell right

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's not.  We all know that.  Which is why I'm happy to pay my Tokai membership fees for the trails to stay awesome.  Paying SANParks gets us through the gate and that's it.   

TokaiMTB receives donations for trail building so the membership fees aren't for that.

Smells like the creation of an exclusivity club

But it's not.  We all know that.  Which is why I'm happy to pay my Tokai membership fees for the trails to stay awesome.  Paying SANParks gets us through the gate and that's it.   

Something that needs to change isnt it!

Mtb money for mtb, everything else to parks!!

I'm not a Tokai MTB member but wanted to attend to see whether it was worth becoming one, please confirm that it is an absolute requirement in the constitution that we have to be members to attend - or is it something that Tokai MTB still wants to vote on and ratify? Happy to pay for membership if the benefits warrant it over and above my existing Activity Card, Green Card and Table Mountain MTB memberships?

I'm not a Tokai MTB member but wanted to attend to see whether it was worth becoming one, please confirm that it is an absolute requirement in the constitution that we have to be members to attend - or is it something that Tokai MTB still wants to vote on and ratify? Happy to pay for membership if the benefits warrant it over and above my existing Activity Card, Green Card and Table Mountain MTB memberships?

http://tokaimtb.co.za/product/tokaimtb-membership/

Hi, it's not a change, we were required to create a membership database which we did at the start of 2018 and now instituting. 

Was this done behind closed doors? 

The previous agm we did not have a membership database. We have slowly worked towards achieving our goals, a membership component being one. It's a requirement.

Not all is lost though, your funds are used to improve Tokai. We all want that, it's what everyone has in common.

Is there financials that indicate how many paid up members and what the total was used for apart from donations from other entities?

jussis okes, what the actual hell?

it's R300 - which is a pair of socks these days

Have you ever served on a club committee? - it's a schlepp. the okes are volunteers.

SANparks takes all the money, we all know that. it sucks, but it ain't changing anytime soon. Can't blame the committee for that.

will sign up again, even if i can't make it

I give up. Continue bashing or looking for loopholes, gatecrash even... but please, for the love of God, admit each and every one of you that Tokai needs funds. 

Not looking for loopholes, and my apologies for any bashing. Was just wanting clarity as things have changed since the last agm I have attended.

Also as a note. Before the "tokai mtb club" was formed you and marc were trying to sell me on the idea, chance to win a bike, discount bike services etc. This didnt and still dont appeal to me. I used to donate to tokai build days, but have since stopped when the "tokaiclub" was formed last year.

I dont like exclusion!!

Its almost like the "ETOLLS" that so little payed and so many didnt.

jussis okes, what the actual hell?

it's R300 - which is a pair of socks these days

Have you ever served on a club committee? - it's a schlepp. the okes are volunteers.

SANparks takes all the money, we all know that. it sucks, but it ain't changing anytime soon. Can't blame the committee for that.

will sign up again, even if i can't make it

Thank you for injecting some sanity into the maelstrom of nonsense. 

FWIW. Deon & Mark. I'm in deepest darkest Africa so I won't be attending but I'll pay my $ tonight and you have my full support.

This is someone who has been around the block  and actually understands whats going on at Tokai. Some of you should take the trouble to think before hitting the keyboard.

FWIW. Deon & Mark. I'm in deepest darkest Africa so I won't be attending but I'll pay my $ tonight and you have my full support.

Unfortunately you have to be present to vote