TokaiMTB AGM 2019

marko35s

What's clear is the "been around block" notion seems to be the leading criteria for making progress and moving forward.

So are these "been around block" guys/gals gonna be around forever? Sincerely hope not

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure i understand your comparison.

I think the amount is irrelevant, as is your assumption that SANParks takes all the money.

As for serving on a committee, I'm sure we can all say yes to that. But you knew that too.

That is not an assumption.

Not one cent of gate fees or activity permit fees goes to TokaiMTB or the trails.

Seems there’s unwarranted sensitivity. You’re supposed to be a pbo not a private club so explain yourselves publicly

Absolutely took the time to think, and as stated above I'm still confused as to why i can't attend an Annual General Meeting, where it was advertised on a Public forum and is being held in a public place.

There's sensitivity around when rampant rumour mongering and defamatory statements are made in public by people with a warped agenda. That's you TimB. No filter no factts, just an attitude. and a fear of direct communication it seems. 

Seems there’s unwarranted sensitivity. You’re supposed to be a pbo not a private club so explain yourselves publicly

This was final observation, appart from making moaners , senseless and cheapskates, not sure what my feelings are to this.

Only had interest in attending only planned on bringing some mates along, only wanted to get my hands dirty and involved with the SANParks nitty gritty... but think from me unless serious changes come Thursday, I'm over and out!!!

Absolutely took the time to think, and as stated above I'm still confused as to why i can't attend an Annual General Meeting, where it was advertised on a Public forum and is being held in a public place.

Another person with an agenda?

What is so hard to understand about an association with a membership who pay to be members and vote at meetings.

You can start your own association if you'd  like too.

Why have you not joined up? Why are you seemingly so unappreciative of what is done for you at Tokai from making it safe to building trails to dealing with SANP? 

What constructive assistance can you be to TokaiMTB?

This was final observation, appart from making moaners , senseless and cheapskates, not sure what my feelings are to this.

Only had interest in attending only planned on bringing some mates along, only wanted to get my hands dirty and involved with the SANParks nitty gritty... but think from me unless serious changes come Thursday, I'm over and out!!!

All this over a simple membership.

Edit: that improves the place you ride.

Edited by (Deon)

Maybe the few people here who know better would like to suggest the corect route to sustaining a mountain bike network of trails. I'm quite happy to step aside if "around the block" offends you. It just so happens that continuity is our greatest ally. 

No idea what your first paragraph means

What is " the SANP nitty gritty"? 

What are the "serious changes" you refer to? 

What does over and out mean? Stopping riding at Tokai? 

Well since this rumpus started this afternoon, our (non) exclusive association has gained 4 or 5 members.

Maybe we should employ DnD, Gordo and DnD as fund raisers.

Guys? 

A private club is invite only. Anyone with R300 can join TokaiMTB.

Think about any other association you'd like - how about the AA. You pay them money, they bat for you the motorist. You're paying them even though you need two licenses to drive a car on public roads already. I am sure there are more examples. 

Ok, so quick summary. What is the issue?

changes to the attendance and voting that was not communicated as a proposed change nor appropriately tabled at an AGM and voted on

in essence, creating a private club supported by your mates for your mates.

Really poor job of preparing and communicating financials. What's posted on your site is a joke.

changes to the attendance and voting that was not communicated as a proposed change nor appropriately tabled at an AGM and voted on

in essence, creating a private club supported by your mates for your mates.

Really poor job of preparing and communicating financials. What's posted on your site is a joke.

I’ve answered your first point which you’ve clearly ignored.

“Private club”, “mates”, from what planet do you hail? This is earth, join us anytime.

The second point is your opinion.

Based on this, I see no reason for further correspondence with you and wish you well in your endeavors to break something on which you obviously place no value.

Sad that there are people who do not support improving a facility for the greater community. It could be that you’re just selfish. I would actually like to know who you are.. you must feel real brave hiding behind that pseudonym.

Edited by (Deon)

I know.

I've been involved with TokaiMTB and I've been on the screaming at Deon side of the fence too. I've been around the block with Tokai. I've used my bakkie on many a build day and my own chainsaw and left many tools up on the hill.

You guys can bitch and moan on an internet forum at someone who is actually trying to make a difference as much as you want. The bottom line is Sanparks is THE GOVERNMENT. Deon is not the government. He and Mark are just trying to do as much as they can so that YOU can ride your bike at Tokai.

Behaving like there is some exclusionary conspiracy or siphoning off of non existent funds is puerile to the extreme.

All of which is appreciated, but why must one pay to be part of a volunteer NPO on public land? 

Notice of the AGM has not been posted on TokaiMtb website! It afterall has to be made public as per the law. But alas, all this is not going anywhere.

Enjoy the club. Like many others I am also done with Tokai

Edited by Eddy Gordo