Atop lacing system - Excellent Service

breyts

I bought a pair of Olympic Tread MTB Shoes at a sale from Chris Willemse Cycles a year or two ago. (I think it was their last pair and they do not stock it anymore).

A few weeks ago I noticed one of the laces of the Atop system was almost chafed through. I could not find any replacement lace anywhere on Google - so I sent a enquiry email to the manufacturers in Taiwan (that was 23 April 2019). I received an email the same day - they will see who the suppliers in SA are and if they can sort out the problem.

On 02 May I received an email from Gordon Gassert, product development manager from Bolton Footware in Elsies River, asking for my address so they can send me a replacement system. A few minutes ago, RAM Couriers delivered a complete set, right and left, including the lace, gear & knob (if that is what is what it is called) and the spanner to do the job. A quick Youtube video on replacing it and all done!

Not often one gets service like that anymore! All credit to Atop Taiwan and Bolton Footware SA. 

post-24991-0-05192700-1557148085_thumb.jpg

post-24991-0-28669600-1557148111_thumb.jpg

Have to agree with this, my dog snapped one of the cables on my road shoe that looks exactly the same, I contacted the same people and I got 2 sets of replacements for both sides. 

Such good service is hard to come by

• 1 year later...

A bit of a thread resurrection here.

Do those of you with the Atop lacing system find that the ratchet does not hold up under pressure.

i.e. you will have the laces tight, stand up to peddle and when you lift your foot up pulling on the laces the ratchet lets go of the tension.

Do those of you with the Atop lacing system find that the ratchet does not hold up under pressure.

i.e. you will have the laces tight, stand up to peddle and when you lift your foot up pulling on the laces the ratchet lets go of the tension.

Following a post further up in this thread I decided to try email ATOP in Taiwan.

3 days now, no response.

Since the shoes are still very new I'm going to take them back to the store I bought them from and see what course of action we get.

Haven't had such an issue as of yet bud, have had mine for 3 years and they have been perfect. Even the one that i had to work on due to my dog biting it a bit works perfectly. My father in laws pair is the same, no problems. 

Haven't had such an issue as of yet bud, have had mine for 3 years and they have been perfect. Even the one that i had to work on due to my dog biting it a bit works perfectly. My father in laws pair is the same, no problems. 

thanks

just wanted to know if its normal or if mine happened to be faulty

popped into Cycle Lab on saturday, they advised to bring the shoes back today so they can get in touch with the Ryder rep.

Apparently the Ryder shoes have a lifetime warranty, so once they chatted to the rep they'll let me know if its going to be fixed or the shoes replaced.

Yesterdays ride revealed that the right shoe rattle undone over rumble strips too.

So apparently I'm getting new shoes. Just cyclelab boksburg delaying the process.

A bit peeved that they took the cleats off my old shoes before the new ones arrived, I was hoping they would transfer them over with some semblance of bikefit experience so they would be in the same place on the new shoes. I spent ages getting the cleats setup in the right position.

Luckily I'm a patient person and have another set of shoes, because this is now getting ridiculous. 

Looks like I'll be lucky if I get my shoes by friday.

Also, still no reply from ATOP themselves, which kinds goes against what others have experienced in this thread.

Luckily I'm a patient person and have another set of shoes, because this is now getting ridiculous. 

Looks like I'll be lucky if I get my shoes by friday.

Also, still no reply from ATOP themselves, which kinds goes against what others have experienced in this thread.

Let me guess, covid blah blah blah as an excuse?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may need to start demanding my money back.

we're heading to the end of week 3 since i took the shoes back.

Todays excuse, the supplier sent them the wrong replacement shoe.

When will I get my new shoes ? They cant tell me, it will come in with the next shipment from the supplier, and they dont know when that will be.

Maybe they're reading this thread, or maybe they heard the agitation in my voice yesterday and made a plan, but I got a call a short while ago to say my new shoes have arrived at the shop.

• 11 months later...

I broke my one dial's cable.

Thanks to this thread, contacted Bolton Footware on Monday, got two replacement dials and delivery for R150, on Wednesday.
Quick quick

Edited by Warnich13

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/29/2022 at 7:22 AM, mecheng89 said:

Hi Mecheng89, I was wondering if you got your shoes sorted out? I am taking a chance and going to one of the factory shops in Elsiesriver, I phoned a little earlier but the lady could not help me over the phone, I printed the picture that @breyts was kind enough to share :)