Momsen str . Help needed

Firstly, well done for interacting with your potential client base Victor!

I have been itching to build a SS (with the ability to run gears if I need to) but the current STR lacks the ability to take wider wheels and longer travel.

Bring that in cool minimal colours as suggested above and you will have my money.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, well done for interacting with your potential client base Victor!

I have been itching to build a SS (with the ability to run gears if I need to) but the current STR lacks the ability to take wider wheels and longer travel.

Bring that in cool minimal colours as suggested above and you will have my money.

thank you.

awesome - tks guys.

the main challenge will be our numbers for sure.

comments about colors - it was our 2017 range that really sucked! the 2018 and 2019 stuff is alot better but unfortunately you don't see them in many shops ... but agree 2017 we did not do ourselves any favors! 

the 2020 range is about to get updated on the site -- colors are VERY MUCH ON POINT --- we are not a niche brand in anyway so we have to respect the good old 80/20 rule for that.

we have to do 100 frames minimum to justify this kind of project -- so if we split it over 3 sizes it is just over 30 per size --- a tough ask in the current climate.

but let's see.

Next question -- anyone seen the really cool new Evil Gravel Bike? ( some spy pics popping up on Radavist etc )  I really like that bike! what about a MONSTER CROSS GRAVEL bike? is that not more where things are going for SA riding?

would love to do something in that space ... 

I think the whole Monster CX/Gravel is beyond stupid and hopefully the trend will die out. Putting + sized tyres on a CX/Gravel frame is trying to create something different that doesn't need creating. If you want to create a differentiator, give us practical value (i.e. Steel HardTail Trail Frame at a great price), and not some wank gravel frame that takes + sized tyres.

I'd love to see the ability to take 27x2.6 tyres and a 150mm fork.

• 5 months later...

any of you riff raff managed to fit a 2.4" ardent in the rear of a STR (second Gen frame)?

• 3 weeks later...

any of you riff raff managed to fit a 2.4" ardent in the rear of a STR (second Gen frame)?

Just for the record.

Mounted up the 2.4" Ardents to a 22mm internal rim and the clearance is still very generous. ... now just to resolve a "forking" issue and I can finish the build and get her rolling!

Just for the record.

Mounted up the 2.4" Ardents to a 22mm internal rim and the clearance is still very generous. ... now just to resolve a "forking" issue and I can finish the build and get her rolling!

Drive to Muizenberg.......

Drive to Muizenberg.......

I should have Forking done that over the weekend, but I was working from home and other stuffs. Will try and swing that way over the weekend, can't make it in the week.....do you need a passport to get into Muizenberg, and do they have running water and electricity there?

2 x positives though 

1. scratched out a chain that I used for a ride or two and got her fitted

2. proper headset is also now fitted

so the puzzle is nearly complete

I should have Forking done that over the weekend, but I was working from home and other stuffs. Will try and swing that way over the weekend, can't make it in the week.....do you need a passport to get into Muizenberg, and do they have running water and electricity there?

2 x positives though 

1. scratched out a chain that I used for a ride or two and got her fitted

2. proper headset is also now fitted

so the puzzle is nearly complete

We didn't have water yesterday...... But otherwise we are as good as the rest of the 3rd world but with the sea and white sand beaches.....

• 2 weeks later...

My 2nd gen frame. Gets ridden hard and often during normal times...

Plenty of room in the back with the 2.35 rubber

wow - thanks for sharing. Great build.