Cycle Factory Cape Town

antoncor

I ordered a set of rims from the Cycle factory online store in Cape Town a week ago, on the site the status of the order is "on-hold" even after payments was made immediately. I have tried to e-mail & phone the business without success. Unanswered mails and land line and cellphones switched off. Is anyone aware if the business is still in existence? Even the Google map address is removed from the website and the FB and Twitter links are invalid. I would really appreciate if someone local could confirm whats going on.     

Edited by antoncor

They are not crooks, were a bunch of nice guys.

But they have closed down the shop.

I'm not sure if they are keeping things going from home though at a smaller, more manageable scale.

I just can't remember the guys' name, but I'm sure he will get in touch with you to sort you out...

I ordered a set of rims from the Cycle factory online store in Cape Town a week ago, on the site the status of the order is "on-hold" even after payments was made immediately. I have tried to e-mail & phone the business without success. Unanswered mails and land line and cellphones switched off. Is anyone aware if the business is still in existence or are they a bunch of crooks? Even the Google map address is removed from the website and the FB and Twitter links are invalid. I would really appreciate if someone local could confirm whats going on.

I know the ex owners / managers. Drop me your details then I'll get in touch with them to get in touch with you

Yip they closed, had a closing down sale sometime back

Imagine I read somewhere that the brick and mortar store had closed turning the attention to online operations.?

I know the ex owners / managers. Drop me your details then I'll get in touch with them to get in touch with you

Edited by antoncor

Thank you so much Iwan, Details: ........................

Hi Anton

Click on Ivans' name (he is a trusted bikeHub member of long standing) to open his profile. Then click "send me a message" to send your details privately to him only. Then go back and edit your post above to remove your details, or you may get some unwanted attention. Only you (and the moderators) can edit your post). Although the BikeHub is a relatively safe place, it is not a good idea to leave too much out in the open. On the other hand, maybe I should just be less paranoid?!

Trust you will get the wheels issue sorted out soon.

I ordered a set of rims from the Cycle factory online store in Cape Town a week ago, on the site the status of the order is "on-hold" even after payments was made immediately. I have tried to e-mail & phone the business without success. Unanswered mails and land line and cellphones switched off. Is anyone aware if the business is still in existence? Even the Google map address is removed from the website and the FB and Twitter links are invalid. I would really appreciate if someone local could confirm whats going on.     

Have been in touch with Jacques - says he has reached out to you since.

• 2 weeks later...