Everesting World Record Update 2

Vanzweelism

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a joke if you ask me. He says he knows caffeine is a performance killer for him, yet drinks a ton of caffeine before the attempt. Surely this is just a poor excuse?

before all the quitter talk starts.

1000m VAM for 4 hours?

That's still putting 99% of the people here to the sword

Yup, but 99% of people did not say that an everesting attempt is easy and go on to bail not once, but twice on a world record attempt of something they have not even done at all.

Context is indeed everything.

Bit of a joke if you ask me. He says he knows caffeine is a performance killer for him, yet drinks a ton of caffeine before the attempt. Surely this is just a poor excuse?

Beating a world record takes meticulous planning and preperation with months of research and training...

...or just a wild uneducated stab in the dark and the consumption of products which the world considers performance enhancing but you consider a hindrance...on the morning of the world record attempt.

Beating a world record takes meticulous planning and preperation with months of research and training...

...or just a wild uneducated stab in the dark and the consumption of products which the world considers performance enhancing but you consider a hindrance...on the morning of the world record attempt.

Most things I consider easy I usually achieve on the first attempt. We must have different definition of easy (or it was those scrumptious vegan sausages and mielies that proved too much of a temptation) ????

Most things I consider easy I usually achieve on the first attempt. We must have different definition of easy (or it was those scrumptious vegan sausages and mielies that proved too much of a temptation) ????

To be fair he only said everesting was easy nit the workd world record but yeah thia dude hasn't does himself anyfa ours by mouthing off then quitting. Twice.

Hi gents, today was not a good one but I won't give up. We all have addictions that we know are bad for us but we continue anyway. I couldn't deliver the results today and I accept this temporary defeat. One positive thing that came out of today was that I've suffered enough to quit the caffeine for good this time. I'll keep you all updated as to when I'll give it another shot. I still feel confident I can do it despite this failed attempt. For those of you who have iliac artery endofibrosis you should definitely try quitting coffee rather than going for the expensive and rather risky operation. Till next time...

Hi gents, today was not a good one but I won't give up. We all have addictions that we know are bad for us but we continue anyway. I couldn't deliver the results today and I accept this temporary defeat. One positive thing that came out of today was that I've suffered enough to quit the caffeine for good this time. I'll keep you all updated as to when I'll give it another shot. I still feel confident I can do it despite this failed attempt. For those of you who have iliac artery endofibrosis you should definitely try quitting coffee rather than going for the expensive and rather risky operation. Till next time...

This kid had bilateral IAE and was competing at elite level 8 weeks afterthe first op.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4830654/#!po=2.38095

Coffee may reduce the effects but it does nothing for the fibrosis.

Just stop it !!

Go out and do an Everest.

Forget time and everything else.

Just stick to the requirements and get it done.

There is a 60 year old out there with many in the bag and I know he drinks coffee.

Drop the sugars and refine carbs from your diet.

before all the quitter talk starts.

1000m VAM for 4 hours?

That's still putting 99% of the people here to the sword

If you practice for something, you will achieve it.

That's exactly what happened here. So well done for a great half-Everest.

If a high-jumper hasn't gotten over the bar in training, he is unlikely to break the record in competition. First do an Everest or two, understand the components, and requirements, and then do it.

Noone had a fooken clue what Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt were doing in training in the lead-up to their achievements.

Edited by Thor Buttox

Alright so I'd like to clear up more stuff.

1. Social media is my work so this is one important reason why I like to share the whole process of getting the record. I don't just show success, I show failure too.

2. Dropping refined carbohydrate from your diet means your performance will suffer. Froomey has 500 grams of refined carbs over a 5 hour stage in the grand tours.

3. When I said completing an Everest in 12 hours is easy I meant that for me personally it is. There's a big difference between riding each ascent at 220 watts versus racing at 290 watts over such a long period of time. I respect anyone who goes out there and gets an Everest done regardless of how long it took them because it is an extreme undertaking.