Everesting World Record Update 2

Vanzweelism

i'll paraphrase myself from the update#1 thread

You guys are giving him just what he wants, he just said social media is his job..there is no such thing as bad publicity in social media..hits are hits.

....' and if he achieves it eventually this thread will be used to as an example of how he has triumphed over adversity and bigotry...all in the name of people who share his opinions etc.'  :whistling:

anyway...I'll leave again so I'm not helping to bump...and before i get a pseodo-warning again :ph34r:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a thought.... Is the world record attempt for breaking the best time to complete an Everest, or is it for number of times attempting to break the best time to complete an Everest? :ph34r:

Haha that's funny man, good one.

i'll paraphrase myself from the update#1 thread

You guys are giving him just what he wants, he just said social media is his job..there is no such thing as bad publicity in social media..hits are hits.

....' and if he achieves it eventually this thread will be used to as an example of how he has triumphed over adversity and bigotry...all in the name of people who share his opinions etc.'  :whistling:

anyway...I'll leave again so I'm not helping to bump...and before i get a pseodo-warning again :ph34r:

You're actually worried he's going to be too successful??? Clearly you haven't followed the discussions... One of his things seems to be offering nutrition advice - then every time he fails he blames his poor nutrition. Poor guy doesn't stand a chance.

Edited by Edge_Design

Beating a world record takes meticulous planning and preperation with months of research and training...

...or just a wild uneducated stab in the dark and the consumption of products which the world considers performance enhancing but you consider a hindrance...on the morning of the world record attempt.

WORLD RECORD baby!!

you get some silly world records,

hence things like a robonarrated collection containing these gems exist

5 hardest kick in the balls

4 most candles extinguished by facts

3 typing 1 to 1 million (in words)

2 breaking toilet seats with head

1 holding 600+ dumb world records

It's not really a world record if you're the only one doing it, just a unique achievement.

like this guy

Longest-metal-coil-passed.jpg?resize=650

so then i looked, does anyone really care about fastest everesting, is that an actual thing?

https://everesting.cc/hall-of-fame/#/ride

current record

feb 2017 - 8:47

oct 2015 - 8:58

sep2014 - 9:01

jul 2014 - 10:12

mar 2014 - 11:08

feb 2014 - 12:35

oct 2013 - 13:15

nov2012 - 13:37

oct 2012 - 15:02

so it looks like it was taken a little bit seriously, but there have not been many other successful everest done in under 12 hours since 2017. I think this record is probably close to what is possible, until a world tour rider gets bored enough to try it.

same dude, George Mallory (probably not real name)

You're actually worried he's going to be too successful??? Clearly you haven't followed the discussions... One of his things seems to be offering nutrition advice - then every time he fails he blames his poor nutrition. Poor guy doesn't stand a chance.

have been following the topic from the start...and I'm not really sure what you are getting at re being worried about 'him being too successful'? Maybe just semantics so no stress.

if he does? so what... if he does'nt...meh aswell

All i'm saying is, he came to this forum for the first time (by his own account) after being supposedly alerted by a friend about the commotion, and now he is seemingly enjoying his stay (which he is entitled to I guess) and it/we have become part of his social media machine.

EVERYTIME we post in this thread...bumping it to the top...no matter what the intent, we are giving him attention and supporting his cause/job/whatever, the negative posts more so because going by his blog he will probably rub it in our faces somewhere in the name of all things marginalised. 

Yes I (like alot of you too i'm sure) went to his blog at the time of the first topic a few weeks ago since nobody knew who he was, and now we all sortoff do, so he achieved something already...hell he's even been immortalised in a pretty cool MEME too lol

And finally, IF/when he maybe succeeds....every one of us fools will have been trolled to lvl 9000.

and there...I bumped the stupid thread again. :blush:

Edited by morneS555

Bit of a joke if you ask me. He says he knows caffeine is a performance killer for him, yet drinks a ton of caffeine before the attempt. Surely this is just a poor excuse?

Self-sabotage, makes no sense otherwise!

Sorry to bump this thread again... But it reminded me of the tale of a chap I was at school with.

2016 he said he was going to do comrades and set about on a training regime. Off the bat he said he was only interested in a silver. Roundabout February I chatted to him and he was coming off an overuse injury. I told him... "Plenty of time" but he wasn't interested because of his silver goal.

Forgot about him until I bumped into him on the start line for 2017. After the race I looked him up. He got to halfway at silver pace and then pulled out. He could have walked the whole second half basically and still got a bronze.. But no. On the other end of the scale.. My mate who normally runs a sub 9 got his nutrition and fluid intake completely wrong and was vomiting at halfway. he stopped took some rehidrate... Took some solids and prepared himself for a long run/walk home..a few vomits along the way.. He rolled in at 10:30hr. No guesses who I have more respect for.

Edited by Stretch