Everesting World Record Update 2

Vanzweelism

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In answering Stretch I discover that actually it wasn't Plato who left us this - it was made up by an English student in 1907 to summarise things that ancient Greeks would have met with opprobrium - sitting with cross legs was apparently one of them.

Still the principle holds - although I believe social media to be the primary harbinger if not actually the embodiment of at least one of the four horsemen - middle age has been wagging it's curmudgeonly finger at youth since the she wolf was a whelp.

About the same time the Greek civilisation collapsed... I see your point.

I'm intrigued.. What does that mean?

.... although I believe social media to be the primary harbinger if not actually the embodiment of at least one of the four horsemen - middle age has been wagging it's curmudgeonly finger at youth since the she wolf was a whelp.

Vintage Mamil quote.

In answering Stretch I discover that actually it wasn't Plato who left us this - it was made up by an English student in 1907 to summarise things that ancient Greeks would have met with opprobrium - sitting with cross legs was apparently one of them.

Still the principle holds - although I believe social media to be the primary harbinger if not actually the embodiment of at least one of the four horsemen - middle age has been wagging it's curmudgeonly finger at youth since the she wolf was a whelp.

I think you will find it is ze-wolf.

Toxic mamilinity ... don't let a roaming eye lead you to wolf whistle... although I fear that crying wolf will lead to the real prejudices running riot.

So quick you are msieu buttox.

I think you will find it is ze-wolf.

Von Zwee is certainly getting/going the distance but not getting elevated.

Zweetjie you need to change gear.

So I'd like to understand one aspect of this thread, namely the apparent multiple suggestions that the OP should just get out there and get on with his challenge without publicising it before hand? Is this general consensus? If so, why?

Since you're asking about the consensus, for what it's worth, that is certainly not my view of it.

Personally, if someone is trying to break a world record, whether they shout it from the rooftops or keep it to themselves has no bearing on the way I feel about the attempt. If I think its lame, then its lame regardless of how much they promote it, and vice versa.

I think most of the hubbers on this thread actually just dislike the personality and are looking for as many ways as possible to validate that dislike, and this is one of them. If it was a more popular character, you would probably find the same hubbers commenting how cool it is that their idol is sharing this journey with them. People evidently aren't very good at being objective and this entire thread is riddled with emotional responses. This thread is the wrong place to be looking for logic or reason.

Edited by Pall Catt

Since you're asking about the consensus, for what it's worth, that is certainly not my view of it.

Personally, if someone is trying to break a world record, whether they shout it from the rooftops or keep it to themselves has no bearing on the way I feel about the attempt. If I think its lame, then its lame regardless of how much they promote it, and vice versa.

I think most of the hubbers on this thread actually just dislike the personality and are looking for as many ways as possible to validate that dislike, and this is one of them. If it was a more popular character, you would probably find the same hubbers commenting how cool it is that their idol is sharing this journey with them. People evidently aren't very good at being objective and this entire thread is riddled with emotional responses. This thread is the wrong place to be looking for logic or reason.

To be fair - telling people their mothers would like to ride his hard d1ck because he is a vegan is probably not the best way to win them over.

Hi chaps I am admitting to temporary deafeat for this record attempt. I tried again today solo unsupported and only got to about 4800m of climbing at pace. I have come across as arrogant and for that I apologize because I don't identify as arrogant. I was simply confident I could do it but misjudged the effort. My advice for anyone who wants to set their personal best time for an Everesting is to go to Melbourne Australia and do Upper Terry's climb that Tobias did for his world record. Thanks for all the banter, it has been good. That's all for now folks.

Your suggestion is literally the opposite of what the Everesting website calls for - to preferably find new hills and not copy hills already conquered. Sure it doesn't mean someone can't go through all the trouble to fly there, but its not "in the spirit of everesting".

OP what about getting an e-bike....??

pointless trolling hey

Edited by Dirkitech

Your suggestion is literally the opposite of what the Everesting website calls for - to preferably find new hills and not copy hills already conquered. Sure it doesn't mean someone can't go through all the trouble to fly there, but its not "in the spirit of everesting".

pointless trolling hey

Pointless hype posting without actually doing what he said he was going to... TWICE.. hey?

You guys have provided me with a source of entertainment with these threads and I appreciate that. I was unable to do what I set out to do but at least I gave it my best shot. Will I give up? No way. Will I change my strategy? For sure. Will I complete an Everest before doing another world record attempt? Yes because I love cycling. Will I continue to shoot the **** on the hub? This is better than Youtube. Here is an article on my experience for those who are interested. 

http://www.vanzweelism.com/index.php/2019/05/19/i-failed-to-break-the-everesting-world-record-but-i-wont-quit/

May the watts be with you.

Edited by Vanzweelism

If the aim is to (simply) do an Everesting run, then sure, explore the hills. If the aim is to do it as fast as possible, use the best hill one has access to; even if that hill has been used a million times before.

Surely there is scope within ‘the spirit of Everesting’ for both?!

(I can’t believe I just posted on this @€€£! thread)

Pointless hype posting without actually doing what he said he was going to... TWICE.. hey?

I've literally said the exact same thing on this thread a while ago

You guys have provided me with a source of entertainment with these threads and I appreciate that. I was unable to do what I set out to do but at least I gave it my best shot. Will I give up? No way. Will I change my strategy? For sure. Will I complete an Everest before doing another world record attempt? Yes because I love cycling. Will I continue to shoot the **** on the hub? This is better than Youtube. Here is an article on my experience for those who are interested. 

http://www.vanzweelism.com/index.php/2019/05/19/i-failed-to-break-the-everesting-world-record-but-i-wont-quit/

May the watts be with you.

It was supposed to be a source of education more, imo. Nothing wrong with "enjoying the banter" like you said, but I hope you take some of this serious and learn from it. If you grow as a person and rider, I may just end up following your stuff again.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...