Everesting World Record Update 2

Vanzweelism

You made me look at his Strava... It was up a mountain pass.. And to be fair.. He smashed a 16:48 5km the other day

He's still a cockwomble

It just seems as if he is making a habit of not finishing what he started. Wrong gearing, too much coffee always an excuse.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there a conflict between the two approaches of an individual power profile (power from 5 sec to 1 hr as an example) and a standard % reduction of a <1 hr FTP test? Or maybe the profile has a standard shape but is shifted up or down depending on how juiced, sorry, fit you are?

With the lockdown forcing a whole bunch of people to try (and achieve) all sorts of crazy records, has anyone in hub-land considered trying to set an hour record on an indoor trainer?

With my wife being a coach, and lack of any races to train for, I have been her FTP test "guinea pig" and we have been messing around with the different types of tests - 20min vs 30min vs 3/10min vs 60min just to see which one is really accurate so she can adapt her tests and figures going forward.

The 60min FTP was a real bastard but I did start wondering if there was some sort of record out there.....

I did a serious 36min KOM a few weeks ago. Have been training hard so I was really chuffed about it. A local 18 year old National cyclist went out 50mins after I did and annihilated it by 2mins cos he was, quote, 'Triggered'.

Think that must be a record for a non-group ride situation!

I did a serious 36min KOM a few weeks ago. Have been training hard so I was really chuffed about it. A local 18 year old National cyclist went out 50mins after I did and annihilated it by 2mins cos he was, quote, 'Triggered'.

Think that must be a record for a non-group ride situation!

hahaha ! I got one last week, I was quite proud with, then a few mins after, the previous KOM took it back... I mean I got home at 9, saw I had the KOM, and 5 mins later it was gone ! So it 'Triggered' me and I got it back yesterday :D

Shame I actually feel for that poor Phil Gaimon, he didn't even have the time to post his record and let it sink in that it was already taken away from him... And I mean it's not like he just got it, he destroyed the old record ! He said after getting the record that he would never do it again, and 4 days later he's already joking about finding the perfect 20% gradient hill haha

Edited by Jbr

This is actuality happening.

We need our boychay on it pronto. Before maincheese gets the memo

I like Phil a little more after that video :-)  The sun never sets on my KOM world  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Good on him for posting a link to the new king's charity drive.

Honestly don't know what fuckin rabbit hole I tumbled into on this thread.... but anyway. Proper.

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/05/everesting-on-a-fixie-with-a-hormone-headwind/

To complete an “Everesting”, a rider must overcome the height of the world’s highest peak. It is, quite obviously, a feat in and of itself. Yet some ask for more.

Charli Mandel did. She did it on a fixed gear, no brake. In the middle of hormone replacement therapy. Or, as she puts it below, “Puberty 2: Feminine Boogaloo”.

Some people are faffing that he didn't do it correctly and won't have the "official record".

He climbed one side of the mountain and then went down the other side and did the rest of the laps there.

Apparently the climbing needs to be done on a single climb only.

Weird. Always thought the only requirement was the total elevation gain.

Some people are faffing that he didn't do it correctly and won't have the "official record".

He climbed one side of the mountain and then went down the other side and did the rest of the laps there.

Bora stated quite clearly that it is the unofficial record.[emoji6]

One hell of a feat regardless.

Bora stated quite clearly that it is the unofficial record.[emoji6]

One hell of a feat regardless.

And at least now Buchmann can say things like "An Everest is easy"

Black and white won't count officially, but at least now we know what a tdf level rider can do. Sub 7?

In terms of cycling viewership, a live Everest challenge streaming from different parts of the world would be epic right now.

Need to do laps of the same segment.

And certain segments won't count too, if there are too many free metres (IE, rolling downhill)

And at least now Buchmann can say things like "An Everest is easy"

Did he do it on kale, bananas and tofu? Or on a bicycle? Cos sometimes distractions affect performance.

Did he do it on kale, bananas and tofu? Or on a bicycle? Cos sometimes distractions affect performance.

[emoji1787]

For every question there is an answer

d616451715db8439ba640a53682e581f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...