[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

I'd say that the B lines will all be open, but so will the features, if you want to do them. 

Makes sense... 1 or 2 of the 'B-Lines' will definitely be faster.

I hope they tape off and put a big arrow up at the 'lazy man's entrance' on Red Phoenix.... No matter that I know it's there, I still go up by default! 

I will see you all there and probably once or twice trying to get my 'Enduro legs' back before the big day.

As Staind once said, It's been a while....

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that the B lines will all be open, but so will the features, if you want to do them. 

The question now is which line is faster.  The last feature on plumber 2, the rock with the wooden ramp at the bottom could be faster than the B line as you carry a lot more speed down that rock and the entrance is not that slow into it. 

The rock drop before the step-up could be faster if you do, and clear, the step-up.  If you do the rock drop and keep left of the step-up it might be slower than the B line.  Think it depends on the entry speed to the rock drop. 

Guess I will be doing some split timing on Plumber this Saturday. 

Ya, agree, I think they mean the A lines will be open more than the B lines will be closed. If the B lines are open on most DH races, I cant see how they can close them on Enduro days. There would be casualties for days.

I will have to go try that step up.. I have almost forgotten about it. 

Iron Monkey also has quite a rocky section which might hurt even more by that THAT time of the day.

The stats don't matter... It's a 45 minute climb to all the trail heads from the bottom.

The end.

Actual stats are irrelevant. If they add the bottom of the Plumber (They should) it adds another round loop back to the main drag.

Look at 6 hours with minimal stops and delays.

Yup.

The stats don't matter... It's a 45 minute climb to all the trail heads from the bottom.

The end. 

Actual stats are irrelevant. If they add the bottom of the Plumber (They should) it adds another round loop back to the main drag.

Look at 6 hours with minimal stops and delays. 

6 hours for sure - I was the last guy down Armageddon at last years enduro. Quite a few pulled the plug at the bottom of Zululand, its a bloody tough call when you finish stage 3 and look back up the hill. Its almost better not knowing the course and how much you have to climb !

Sorry to hear about the crash. You ok? What happened?

Nice bike. I'm going to try hit it tomorrow arvy around 3:30pm.