[Event] Hollard JUMA 2019

Kamo28

Event Name: Hollard JUMA 2019
When: 25 August 2019
Where: Urban Sports - Marks Park Sports Club, Gauteng
Category: MTB

The HollardJUMA is Jozi's most exciting urban mountain biking adventure, starting & ending at Marks Park, Emmarentia on 25 August 2019. The event offers a 22km, a 54km and a 72km Punisher route, for those who dare.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it once 2 years ago, got the T-shirt...............not again, thanks !

Anyone know how the crowds are in the 72km race? I remember the 50km race was an absolute zoo at every obstacle a couple of years ago, is it any better in the longer race?

I'm asking because I don't really enter many races like these and will probably start in later groups, but if it's going to be a traffic jam from start to finish I might reconsider.

If they did the same as last year, the 72 km guys do a loop around the graveyard before going down the spruit. After the 72 km batch started, the 50 km batches headed straight down the spruit. Therefore doing the 72 km will put you STRAIGHT into the soup of the slow spruit riders as soon as you clear the botanical gardens. The 72 km guys caught me (50 km option) going up the climb from the spruit to the Sandton Police station. Motorbike leading the 72 km leaders group informed us they were coming.

If they did the same as last year, the 72 km guys do a loop around the graveyard before going down the spruit. After the 72 km batch started, the 50 km batches headed straight down the spruit. Therefore doing the 72 km will put you STRAIGHT into the soup of the slow spruit riders as soon as you clear the botanical gardens. The 72 km guys caught me (50 km option) going up the climb from the spruit to the Sandton Police station. Motorbike leading the 72 km leaders group informed us they were coming.

I did the 72km race last year thinking that I would be ahead of the masses. Instead , as you pointed out, I was even further behind the masses.

So I will do the 50km as my wife missed out last year because of an injury and she wants to ride this year

I did the 72km race last year thinking that I would be ahead of the masses. Instead , as you pointed out, I was even further behind the masses.

So I will do the 50km as my wife missed out last year because of an injury and she wants to ride this year

Ah, that's a shame. I did this race a couple of years ago and started before the masses. I have done only 1 race (K2C) since and I'm not sure where I'd start if I did the 50km, so not sure entering is even worth it.

Edited by Adr!@n

Ah, that's a shame. I did this race a couple of years ago and started before the masses. I have done only 1 race (K2C) since and I'm not sure where I'd start if I did the 50km, so not sure entering is even worth it.

If you have not raced in a long time you'll be with the back batches no matter which event you enter

Had a blast last year. If memory serves there was only two bottlenecks where we stopped. Not the end of the world but this is IMO not a race unless you are in A or B batch, the rest is a ride and an experience. 

• 3 months later...

My first time ... Some of those sections looked a bit above my skill level but hey lets go see!

Who else will be there?

Wanted to grab an entry online but see they are closed. Will most likely enter on the day for the 20km! 

Hi Craig, is the entry still available? 

I've got an entry, unfortunately I can't ride.

Entered 72Km, but can substitute to another distance.