Buff's Classic/Vintage/Retro rebuilds

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 9:19 AM, BuffsVintageBikes said:

In my spare time I build up old steel bangers that I pick up at a fair price and restore some new life into them. I mostly focus on SA built bikes like Raleigh, Le Jeune, Hansom etc. (because they're cheaper) but won't shy away from an Italian beauty if it comes my way at a good price. In most instances I try and keep the bike as original as possible but that's not always possible due to the scarcity of parts in SA.

Sometimes I might even sell one or two, but that happens rarely as I tend to form emotional bonds with them very quickly :wacko:

I'll use this thread to document and share some of the bikes which I've done and which I'm currently busy with. I try and focus on one bike at a time and generally won't start another project until I've finished the current one.

If you're interested you can also follow me on Instagram as @betarider :thumbup:

Hi everyone - I am looking for a tomassini bottle cage. Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi all , ive received this frame from a friend. We would like to try and find out what make it is , its a 708 classic tubing frame.

20240129_080922.jpg

20240129_080911.jpg

20240129_080906.jpg

20240129_080859.jpg

20240129_080932.jpg

20240129_080937.jpg

20240129_080948.jpg

20240129_081001.jpg

20240129_080953.jpg

On 1/13/2022 at 8:02 AM, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Restored an old set of Simplex gear levers that had some poor etching work done on them. These are generally rated as the smoothest friction shifters ever made and are quite collectable 🤙

Simplex1.JPG

You still have some of these floating around for my Peugeot Rapport - Remember? 🙃🤪

On 9/2/2021 at 1:17 PM, Loose cog said:

Me and you both. I have a Gemini track bike and pursuit TT low pro. 

sorry for high jacking your thread Brett...I need some advice re the fork...not sure if it is a pursuit frame, does look like one with the very steep head tube.

The fork is not original, unfortunately,

IMG_5232.jpg

1 hour ago, Jakkals. said:

sorry for high jacking your thread Brett...I need some advice re the fork...not sure if it is a pursuit frame, does look like one with the very steep head tube.

IMG_5232.jpg

Are you the gambler?

1 hour ago, Jakkals. said:

IMG_5232.jpg

Certainly looks like a pursuit frame and no, that fork isn't original. Would be interesting to get Duncan's take on it.

4 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Certainly looks like a pursuit frame and no, that fork isn't original. Would be interesting to get Duncan's take on it.

I'll chat to him tonight