Buff's Classic/Vintage/Retro rebuilds

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't you think a Flying Brick sticker will REALLY liven up that dullish, white cupboard space behind you?  :whistling:

Flying Brick ... in conversation with a friend yesterday, I know someone you may know .. he used to be on a older African Twin and then later a Tenere ... (I know you see a gazzilion people though)

Flying Brick ... in conversation with a friend yesterday, I know someone you may know .. he used to be on a older African Twin and then later a Tenere ... (I know you see a gazzilion people though)

yes, I was going to say I see a Trillion people through the Store, but I think you are right, it IS more like a Gazillion! Drop me a PM with whoever it is?

really loving this old lady. ive been riding it mostly on rollers the past few months but it has been super fun. I also really enjoy the different skill it takes to ride one of these older bikes. Simple things like changing gear is an event lol. You have to pre-empt what when where how. Like driving a vintage car. 

post-64325-0-53754800-1620318059_thumb.jpg

Edited by MORNE

That's an absolute beauty Morne :thumbup: Yep, you tend to hold a gear much longer on these old bikes as reaching down seems like too much effort  ^_^

Edited by BuffsVintageBikes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A recently complete project. Sadly I recently discovered through Duncan Mac Intyre (who built Gemini bikes in SA), that this was not one of his frames but more likely a Hansom built with SLX tubing and sprayed to look like a Gemini.

Either way, she still turned out a looker and rides rather well ????

Gemini.JPG

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

A recently complete project. Sadly I recently discovered through Duncan Mac Intyre (who built Gemini bikes in SA), that this was not one of his frames but more likely a Hansom built with SLX tubing and sprayed to look like a Gemini.

Those ones he built with the fastback seatstays and lugless welded tubes were much the object of desire for a while, weren't they.