Assos cycling shorts are not the price you pay worth

Padding of shorts costing 1/3 of the price work better

Edited by 4x4biker

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These public holidays appear to have the OP confused.

It's Saturday, not Friday.!

From one that have been battling with saddle sore. Used from cheap up to Assos. Have never looked back. Assos all the way!!!

Assos pricing can be hard to justify ... until you've had the luxury of trying them.

As Assos states: Sponsor yourself.

If the OP feels he's only worth a 1/3, who am I to argue. LOL

Assos pricing can be hard to justify ... until you've had the luxury of trying them.
As Assos states: Sponsor yourself.
If the OP feels he's only worth a 1/3, who am I to argue. LOL

I have various shorts that I rotate
As stated, Assos is not worth the 300 % price premium, compared to Ciovita
Assos is out to make a quick buck and the downside, you rely on reviews to decide about your purchase decision
In my humble view, “Sponsor yourself” should rather read “Steal from yourself”
Kind request to replies, I don’t understand “slang”, so reply in understandable language or keep quiet Edited by Admin

I have various shorts that I rotate

As stated, Assos is not worth the 300 % price premium, compared to Ciovita

Assos is out to make a quick buck and the downside, you rely on reviews to decide about your purchase decision

In my humble view, “Sponsor yourself” should rather read “Steal from yourself”

Kind request to replies, I don’t understand “slang”, so reply in understandable language or keep quite

quite...

I was completely sold on the older model Assos Shorts. The Uno and Mille. Got massive amount of mileage out of them.

But someone decided (probably an accountant that doesn't ride bikes) that they could increase profit margin by only partly stitching the padding to the fabric but still charge the same retail price. Hence the padding now doesn't stay in place and moves independently from the fabric. This causes it to bunch right where you would like the least amount of pressure and pinch which makes long rides brutal.

So, I partly agree with you. Assos, although never cheap, was always a no brainer purchase, but not anymore. My Castelli is way more comfortable.

I was completely sold on the older model Assos Shorts. The Uno and Mille. Got massive amount of mileage out of them.

But someone decided (probably an accountant that doesn't ride bikes) that they could increase profit margin by only partly stitching the padding to the fabric but still charge the same retail price. Hence the padding now doesn't stay in place and moves independently from the fabric. This causes it to bunch right where you would like the least amount of pressure and pinch which makes long rides brutal.

So, I partly agree with you. Assos, although never cheap, was always a no brainer purchase, but not anymore. My Castelli is way more comfortable.

...Bourne

Aaaaah so this is a Ciovita pitch....

Not at all, have various brand, it is anything but “Assos” pitch