Assos cycling shorts-Rip off

4x4biker

I love my Assos but tried the "top" selling Castelli and they wore through on the outside seams in 3 months, while my Assos are still going strong.

Not to mention Castelli only has one body shape in mind. 

I wear a size Small in ASSOS and a Large in Castelli!! And then its still needs about 10hours of wear before it is stretched enough to fit comfortably. XL is too big.

Being on the size cusp of ASSOS means I can go S or M so I alsways find my size when retailers are having end of season sales

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have various shorts that I rotate

As stated, Assos is not worth the 300 % price premium, compared to Ciovita

Assos is out to make a quick buck and the downside, you rely on reviews to decide about your purchase decision

In my humble view, “Sponsor yourself” should rather read “Steal from yourself”

Kind request to replies, I don’t understand “slang”, so reply in understandable language or keep quiet

Today is your lucky day, they have special on your preferred brand on One Day Only. Including shorts......... Double coupon day.

• 6 months later...

A delicate wash? Don't wash with other clothes? Who wrote this garbage? I chuck my Assos in the laundry basket and it appears on my bed all clean and raring to go. I have been using Assos for 12 years - it suits my muscular physique :drool:

You also have one of those magic baskets, I thought it was just me.

You also have one of those magic baskets, I thought it was just me.

I have the same brand coffee table that deals with dirty dishes as well.

All this talk when SWAMBO. is not around ded9cddb293a462bc2f9d4e1cdffc0ab.jpg

Softies on this forum Pfft...

I don't wear bibs on any ride less than 1000kms. just undies.

Then the undies get turned inside out for the next ride. (never wash, makes them too soft)

And those bibs only get borehole water rinsed once a year in a Karoo dam at the end of November..

And those bibs only get borehole water rinsed once a year in a Karoo dam at the end of November..

Hung to dry on a prickly pear boom only.

Softies on this forum Pfft...

I don't wear bibs on any ride less than 1000kms. just undies.

Then the undies get turned inside out for the next ride. (never wash, makes them too soft)

You do rides of less than 1000km pffft

I haven't tried Assos but reading this threads makes me want to :eek:. I've tried Endura (2x of them), Specialized (2x), Pearl Izumi (1x), a local brand I was sponsored with (OTR Designs) (3x) and Ciovita (4x) bibs. The Ciovita bibs (Supremo) have been the most comfortable for me so far, but the others have also been pretty good. I was apprehensive about the OTR bibs but they've actually been very good. The Pearl Izumi was terrrrrrible - I was uncomfortable with that after a ride around the neighbourhood haha. I want to throw away the Pearl Izumi bib (been ridden once) but I feel that would be wasteful, so now it just hangs around ergh.

Chamois cream is useful...

Edited by aquaratza

Jokes aside.... I have Assos bibs and some others but for short rides (40/50km) sometimes I use normal Chino type shorts and undies - undies wear out pretty fast though. [emoji39] Curious to know if many others do the same?

I haven't tried Assos but reading this threads makes me want to :eek:. I've tried Endura (2x of them), Specialized (2x), Pearl Izumi (1x), a local brand I was sponsored with (OTR Designs) (3x) and Ciovita (4x) bibs. The Ciovita bibs (Supremo) have been the most comfortable for me so far, but the others have also been pretty good. I was apprehensive about the OTR bibs but they've actually been very good. The Pearl Izumi was terrrrrrible - I was uncomfortable with that after a ride around the neighbourhood haha. I want to throw away the Pearl Izumi bib (been ridden once) but I feel that would be wasteful, so now it just hangs around ergh.

Chamois cream is useful...

The Ciovita Supremo is good, comfort is on par with Assos S9, but I'd like to see how long the Supremos last. I know Assos is good for many years.

My Ciovita Corsa padding is gone flat after about 7 months.

most of the brands discussed uses the same company for their chamois  - Elastic Interface

I read the "care instructions" for my ASSOS bibs but I found that if I'm taking a bath after a spinning session it's such a waste not to chuck the bib into the water after my bath  :oops:

P.S its the first ASSOS bib I bought back in 2014 or 2015 so do not care too much if someone behind me can see my ASSos on the trainer  :whistling:

Other than that the only thing I do with my newer bibs is to hang them over the patio chairs out of direct sunlight. Other than that they get the same treatment as my lingerie and other dedicates  :D