Race to the Sun - Advendurance drops the ball, twice!

Acid

any suggestions on tyre pressure for a mtb dual sus....

2.25 front & 2.2 rear...i normally run the front at 1.7 & the rear at 1.8 bar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to rush to registration today (roads in my area closed for the Prez party tommorow :thumbdown: ) . Only checked my bag now.....No T-shirt or any form of instruction ….not even sure whether I should be wearing one of the arm bands...Is my bag incomplete or is this what everyone got?

any suggestions on tyre pressure for a mtb dual sus....

2.25 front & 2.2 rear...i normally run the front at 1.7 & the rear at 1.8 bar

Sounds good. You can always deflate a little bit after a couple of k’s should you find the pressure too hard.

So why did a mountain bike come in first?

One guy I spoke to

that rode it on his gravel bike with "skinny" tyres said the corrugations, sand and ruts held them up. I don't have a gravel bike but if a guy who finished in the top 10 last year is doing it this year on his mtb then I think I will use his experience.

Of course the mtb that came in first could have been wheel sucking the gravel guys along the way, who knows?

A gravel bike won today ...

Last year i rode on mtb with rigid front fork.

This year on a gravel bike, was a bit harder, but over an hour faster.

Nice one! Would you say the faster time is as a result of the bike? i.e your shape or drafting also perhaps playing a role.

Very curious as I did it on a gravel bike last year and was wondering about the speed.

Nice one! Would you say the faster time is as a result of the bike? i.e your shape or drafting also perhaps playing a role.

Very curious as I did it on a gravel bike last year and was wondering about the speed.

For me personally, a much faster time due to the bike. Was in the same shape and drafted the same as last year. Sand and corrugated sections slowed me a bit down, but not that much as what you’d think.

This race was badly organized..

Especially for those of us doing the shuttle.

Now past 8 we are still waiting for our bikes.

Water tables where poorly stocked for the distance we did, no directions at the end. Guess your way around then stand in a que to get a band to stand in another que to get a beer and order a burger to stand in another que to get the burger.

Riding it self was fine, enjoyed it.

Last year i rode on mtb with rigid front fork.

This year on a gravel bike, was a bit harder, but over an hour faster.

How the heck did you survive all those corrugations etc on a gravel bike? I'm not sure I would want to do it even on a hardtail MTB!

For me personally, a much faster time due to the bike. Was in the same shape and drafted the same as last year. Sand and corrugated sections slowed me a bit down, but not that much as what you’d think.

If I may ask, what was your time?

If I may ask, what was your time?

2018 = 7:10

2019 = 5:55 (lost at least 20 minutes when i stopped to help a friend with a sidewall cut)

Jus every time a race is hosted by avendurance everyone has the same complaints and people keep entering

I have no sympathy for you