2020 Ironman 70.3 East London

fanievb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Starting this up again, 6 months to go... Training starting to ramp up a bit. .. I've put my fan on full blast to simulate race conditions!

Will skip it next year having done the last 4yrs, going to do Dubai instead

I've been toying with that idea, or maybe Bahrain in December, but it'll still be cheaper to do EL, that's what's keeping me leaning towards slummies

I've been toying with that idea, or maybe Bahrain in December, but it'll still be cheaper to do EL, that's what's keeping me leaning towards slummies

Agree, but having done 10 70.3's in SA, time to have a change, also thinking about Bahrain

Agree, but having done 10 70.3's in SA, time to have a change, also thinking about Bahrain

I have a friend that has done Bahrain and Dubai and he says Bahrain is hands down the better race! Just a much better experience overall.

I have a friend that has done Bahrain and Dubai and he says Bahrain is hands down the better race! Just a much better experience overall.

I live in Bahrain, and have done the 70.3 twice. Probably the flattest, and potentially most windy, race around ???? But a PB course if there ever was one...

• 4 months later...

Its very quite here given how close we are to EL. How is everyone's training going?

Another week then time to relax and enjoy the taper.  Will be missing it this year having done it the last 5 years as am doing Dubai the following week.

Another week then time to relax and enjoy the taper.  Will be missing it this year having done it the last 5 years as am doing Dubai the following week.

I took a break from it last year, so decided to give a go again. This week is still a hard and long training week, but from next week slowly starting to decrease volumes

Aaah... My swimming has been almost non existant due to a niggle, and December took its toll, two weeks to feel a bit fitter and then to go smash it. More of a training race to see where I'm at for full Ironman, but this will mark 1 year exactly since my first 70.3, so a year of formal coach based training, so will be interesting to see the results

Two weeks to go ,training  has been good ,picked up a small groin injury so took of the running the last few days seems to be ok now ,had a solid 950 km total ,and 54 hours of training in December.

so lets hope all goes well on the day its my third El and so hoping to brake the 6 hours barrier 2017 7:10 and 2018 6:39 , but as we all know 39 min is a shi"""""" load to take of .especially in east London.

can only hope to be strong on the day.

all the normal little things been sorted bike serviced, nutrition ,accommodation extra.......

traveling down on the 24th must say quiet exited.

all the best to all the hubbers participating save travels.   

Two weeks to go ,training  has been good ,picked up a small groin injury so took of the running the last few days seems to be ok now ,had a solid 950 km total ,and 54 hours of training in December.

so lets hope all goes well on the day its my third El and so hoping to brake the 6 hours barrier 2017 7:10 and 2018 6:39 , but as we all know 39 min is a shi"""""" load to take of .especially in east London.

can only hope to be strong on the day.

all the normal little things been sorted bike serviced, nutrition ,accommodation extra.......

traveling down on the 24th must say quiet exited.

all the best to all the hubbers participating save travels.   

Biggest issue with EL is the weather, its pretty much a certainty that it will be windy!