2020 Ironman 70.3 East London

fanievb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see henri schoeman toeing the line... Either gonna blitz it or get blitzed...

I reckon Weiss or aernouts for the men.

For the ladies, Emma or Mariella, with Kristin liepold the dark horse, she runs faaaaast.

Predictions?

Mens - Bradley

Womens - Emma

No James Cunnama this year.

Good to see Johannes "the Beast" Moldan is back

On the weather...Is it safe to say that the predominant wind at around 8am to 11am, is from inland towards the sea, making a headwind out on the bike and tailwind back?

On the weather...Is it safe to say that the predominant wind at around 8am to 11am, is from inland towards the sea, making a headwind out on the bike and tailwind back?

east is beast, west is best.

if it is west, the sea should be nice and flat and in theory it's a headwind going out on the bike.

Predictions?

Mens - Bradley

Womens - Emma

Strong mens field -normally the Euros are in their winter season but many train in sunnier climates.

1. Michael Raelert

2. Balasz Csoke (he is always lurking in the SA races)

3. The Captain

Thats a really good looking pro field! Wow. 

I'm also a Raelert fan, but I reckon if Henri is anywhere close coming off the bike he'll run everyone into the ground. Weiss will def be up there.

Good luck all! Really looking forward to hearing how things went.

Good luck all! Really looking forward to hearing how things went.

Watched henri at kzn tri Champs this weekend, he's looking faaaaast! Smashed a nice 31min 10km. And looked like he was on cruise control. He just better pray for no wind, he looks like he's 40kg, so might fly away on the bike if it's pumping like last year [emoji1787]

Watched henri at kzn tri Champs this weekend, he's looking faaaaast! Smashed a nice 31min 10km. And looked like he was on cruise control. He just better pray for no wind, he looks like he's 40kg, so might fly away on the bike if it's pumping like last year [emoji1787]

There is always wind in EL, if its not blowing then us locals get a little freaked out!

Been some really strong wind for the last few years of 70.3.

There is always wind in EL, if its not blowing then us locals get a little freaked out!

Been some really strong wind for the last few years of 70.3.

as long it's not EAST  :thumbup: