18 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

this cold

May be an image of bicycle, outdoors and text that says "INS"

heavenly cold

May be an image of one or more people, bicycle, nature and mountain

May be an image of nature and mountain

May be an image of bicycle and nature

if that doesn't make you wanna go ride your bike, then go looksee here for more

love it. have done R2R and will definitely be back for the full monty.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have fond memories of my R2R in 2016 and will definitely be back for more racing versions.

2 years ago a group of us toured the Cradock to Willowmore section but instead of finishing in Willowmore, we turned left coming out of the Baviaans, stayed overnight in Uniondale, then rode the K2C track and finished in Knysna.

They're doing the Rhodes to Cradock section later this month but finishing at Toekomst. Unfortunately, I have another ride planned in August so wont be joining them.

Edited by Thug

1 hour ago, Thug said:

I have fond memories of my R2R in 2016 and will definitely be back for more racing versions.

2 years ago a group of us toured the Cradock to Willowmore section but instead of finishing in Willowmore, we turned left coming out of the Baviaans, stayed overnight in Uniondale, then rode the K2C track and finished in Knysna.

They're doing the Rhodes to Cradock section later this month but finishing at Toekomst. Unfortunately, I have another ride planned in August so wont be joining them.

Freedom challenge is in good hands with Chris and Julia Fisher, they have a  decent vision of where to take the event and rigmarole but also really into getting the details and basics right. I feel the event and trail will get the recognition it deserves, but with that will come a lot more international entries - so do it while you can even get a slot!

Chatting to the 1st 5 riders into Prince Albert yesterday they were quite chuffed with the wind direction coming here . Totally different ball game today howling NW wind meaning a headwind for them .

39 minutes ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Chatting to the 1st 5 riders into Prince Albert yesterday they were quite chuffed with the wind direction coming here . Totally different ball game today howling NW wind meaning a headwind for them .

I had a howling headwind the entire Eastern Cape section and it rained about 100ml just before/as I dropped down the ossewa into Mordor and into Baviaans.

At one point I was pushing my bike down hill in there as the road was basically peanut butter and i couldn't ride. We also saw -15 ish around Ntsikeni and again Vuvu.

My memories of the Freedom Trail are awesome. Best 2 and a bit week holiday I've ever had!

Looks like Fjord, Axel and Gavin should be leaving Kudukaya tomorrow morning all together.

16 minutes ago, Thug said:

Looks like Fjord, Axel and Gavin should be leaving Kudukaya tomorrow morning all together.

Think Gavin is going to do Mordor in the dark. Could be interesting.

It has the potential to end badly. Hopefully it doesn't.

Edited by Dusty

33 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Think Gavin is going to do Mordor in the dark. Could be interesting.

It has the potential to end badly. Hopefully it doesn't.

He's on his way and I'm sure given his experience, he'll make it through.

Very interesting tussel going on in Stettynskloof today for the RASA win. Axel went in with about a 45 minute lead over Fjord. Will come down to who picks the better lines. They will not be able to see each other in the kloof. You can pass within 10m of someone there and not know it. 

What's happened to Axel?

Has he finished as his tracker hasn't updated for past 6 hours and it appears he's still in Stettyns?

I see his tracker is moving again and still in Stettyns.

Couldn't have been an easy night. 

47 minutes ago, Thug said:

What's happened to Axel?

Has he finished as his tracker hasn't updated for past 6 hours and it appears he's still in Stettyns?

Spent a night out there. Must have been chilly!!