EWC 2019  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you riding?

• Contermans
    • Hoogekraal
    • Jonkers
    • All the above
  2. 2. Recceing the route(s)?

• Hells to the yes, got to beat my buds for beer bragging rights!
    • Riding blind as bat, but riding like a bat outa hell!
    • I am a f-ing LOCAL PRO. Recceing is for newbs
  3. 3. Are you going Full Enduro?

• Only way I ride yo!
    • Never go full enduro!
    • What is this?

First race is a week away! (F. me... Somehow I'll be ready-ish for it after 2 months of on/off illness)

We have been teased with the conties route, so probably expect to see a lot of recce-ing this weekend.

Who else is riding/racing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was my first ever Enduro. So stoked to finish the 5stages all in one piece. A bit bummed with a dropped chain on stage 4, then Extended periods of trying to scan out on stages 2 & 5. To add insult to injury by the time I finished stage 5 riding back to the Dairy Shed, I realized I was locked out on the front & rear shocks still from riding the liaison ????????‍♂️ #ouch overall happy as I had a few near smashed rims situations.

This was soooooooooo lekker.

It's lekker riding steep and deep trails again. Contermanskloof really is a special place. I liked SS2 and ss4 a lot! and if I hadn't dropped my chain on ss5 I might have loved that as well. We really need more trails like this in the Cape.

I was the marshal at the top of ss4 along with phhenning.

I am already looking forward to the next one.

At the next event if you see the organizers, please give them a high 5, Harry, Dan, Rupert and Michelle all sacrificed riding to host this, and they put in a LOT of effort behind the scenes. Fortunately we are seeing the fruits of these efforts, as participation numbers have never been this high.

Awesome event with nice trails (stage 1 was lame). Loved stage 2 and 3. Well done and thank you to the race organisers and marshals.

I survied  ^_^ 
What a rad day out. 
Realised need to work om my fitness more if I am to enjoy the full enduro more. Had to dig deep for 4&5.

Thanks to organisers. what a sweet day out! It was much appreciated!

Great event! I really like the enduro race format. Smashed by rear tyre on SS2, walked the rest of the stage. Changed the tyre (thanks Giant tent peeps), and off I went to SS3 and tons of more fun.

Rad event as always. I was just all over the place on the descents. Must have taken every single line out there, but the fitness was far better.

Stage 5 was my favourite. Just wasn't able to get myself comfortable on the bike.

Soi want to get into the Enduro scene but first need a new steed.... What are you guys currently sitting on?

I currently ride a Giant Anthem.... Anything in the 30k -40k range would do.

Soi want to get into the Enduro scene but first need a new steed.... What are you guys currently sitting on?

I currently ride a Giant Anthem.... Anything in the 30k -40k range would do.

Best bet in that range is probably a Giant Trance or Reign (I have the latter - bigger gap from the XC bike if you are going to keep the Anthem). There were lots of Reign's at yesterday's event so seem to be a popular choice. Lots of Santa Cruz's as well but that's a very different price level (not 100% sure there is any performance benefit to them but street cred definitely improves)

Edited by Edge_Design

Flipen lekker day on the bike. I suffered a bit after a bad judgement call (riding Jonkers on Thurs and Helderberg on Fri) - but massive improvement over last year, much faster and better overall position.

The event was really well organised as always, thanks to the organisers and marshals! You okes are legends.