So the latest theft craze in my area is...

RABUBI

They are stealing the alarm beams from the outside walls. Clubview Centurion

Now two weekends In a row, we have had fencejumpers stealing the security beams of the walls. One morning around 9am, one evening 8:30 pm

they do not care if your beams are on or not. They steal them in seconds.  I now have to put electric fencing on top of my 8ft walls. They scale those walls like nothing. 

each beam is including fitment 3k, and I now have to fit a burglar proof bracket to prevent them from stealing in future.

Apparently there are a huge 2nd hand market for these beams.

I give up..

Edited by RABUBI

That is just crazy. I wonder if it is done in preparation for a home invasion? Or do they get enough for the beams on the street? 

That is just crazy. I wonder if it is done in preparation for a home invasion? Or do they get enough for the beams on the street? 

It's in preparation for a break-in/robbery.  This was done at my BiL business premises.  They had the guys on camera while stealing the beam.  While my BiL was replacing the beam with a spare the guys drove past the business again.  

2 were caught.  After some time spent with SAPS it came out that the beams are stolen at night or weekends.  The fitment guys of the alarm companies aren't around which leaves that part without coverage which gives the baddies a place to get in.  Although the interior has sensors, etc it takes time for the armed response to get there.

We now have an extra beam ready to be fitted and wired if need be.

Stole my postbox cover and house number about a year ago(assume it was just sold for scrap metal). I never bothered replacing them. The security company board thing has my house number on and I have since had my house painted so you can't even tell that either were ever there to start with so it doesn't look tatty anymore. In the last year or so there have been a few gate motors stolen at all times of the day.

Here you wake up and find your water is cut.

Go outside, and they closed the tap and stole the copper water meter...

To be pc in SA one should say thank you for closing the tap.

At least they closed the tap. In my old 'hood they just bashed the meter off an left the water running.

In my new neighborhood there has been the odd gate battery and now they have added gate lights to the list.

Mate of mines house was burgled on Saturday.

They removed bricks from his boundary wall and went in under the electric fencing.

Broke in and beeped the driveway gate open.

They are stealing the alarm beams from the outside walls. Clubview Centurion

Now two weekends In a row, we have had fencejumpers stealing the security beams of the walls. One morning around 9am, one evening 8:30 pm

they do not care if your beams are on or not. They steal them in seconds.  I now have to put electric fencing on top of my 8ft walls. They scale those walls like nothing. 

each beam is including fitment 3k, and I now have to fit a burglar proof bracket to prevent them from stealing in future.

Apparently there are a huge 2nd hand market for these beams.

I give up..

that is total BS.

each beam has a special ID, if it's ever connected to the interwebs then the manufacturer should be able to know where they are..

but hey, they're in the business of making money off theft in the first place!

that is total BS.

each beam has a special ID, if it's ever connected to the interwebs then the manufacturer should be able to know where they are..

How many people are going of the grid with vodacom and mtn batteries? 

that is total BS.

Not sure which vendor you are using. Mine does not have that connectivity feature and it is a good brand. But i have an electric fence. Keep the passives/beams on outside the house (but inside the wall). As was pointed out to me, it is better to know that someone is outside, its too late when they are inside.

edit clarification

Edited by LongDonkey

so if beams are being stolen, what other modes of perimeter defence are being deployed?

Anyone use rolla-spikes, and if yes, what's the experience between with them?