S-Works 26er (2008 model)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all, he's going to get a surprise when he finally lists it  :whistling:. I'm not going to list it on his behalf  :thumbup:

why is he going to be surprised?

its like Bitcoin, its its its lowest price right now, the price will increase as it starts to become a classic, save it as a collectible, maybe the next Klein

He sent me a picture of a 29er with a RS1 fork and all the bells and whistles which sold for R76k. 

I told him that it's not going to get anywhere near that but he's ever hopeful  :eek:

why is he going to be surprised?

He sent me a picture of a 29er with a RS1 fork and all the bells and whistles which sold for R76k. 

I told him that it's not going to get anywhere near that but he's ever hopeful  :eek:

Dude, it say's S-Works on the down tube .... those things never loose value  :ph34r:

You can expect exaclty what someone is willing to pay for it.  Even if 10 people on this thread says R7k it does not make it worth that.  At best these insights give you a starting point.

But, as all things The Hub, you will now sit with 1 of 2 scenarios.

1 - Actual buyers, thinking with their own money (as opposed to the "valuers" on this thread) will probably offer somewhere between R3k - R5k, as they are probably buying this as a fancy kids bike.  Due to the falsely created expectations of this thread, he will brand each of these offers as LOW BALLERS, and complain on a new thread about the State of the Classifieds

2 - You suddenly get flooded with 50 takers, making your friend realise that maybe the R7k was too low.  He then pulls the add, and relists at R10k. And then, the Wrath of the Hub will come down on him and add him to a new Thread of "How dare the Seller Increase the Price"

In short, Good luck with sale!

Edited by daniemare

Ah ok yeah shame...like I said I sold mine 8 years ago at 7k. I did well and I battled to sell it for that then, as it was at the time when 29ers were becoming popular so 26ers were just becoming hard to sell...

I have a simple formula that is more or less correct - a bike devalues by around 50% in the first year - so a bike that you buy for 100k - you might get between 50-70k within a year or so (very dependent on the market at the time of listing)...after that it's downhill from there.

My boss struggled to sell his Epic for 50k about 18 months after purchase after having paid 110k...

oh well good luck with the sale.

With that crank wear I don't see only 1000km on that bike but if it genuinely is pristine then maybe you can push R8-10k.

Big negative thing on those bikes is the cost to service the brain shock, gets mighty pricey and makes them far less attractive to own.

Edit. I didn't see those kek integrated shifter things, minus R1-3k because changing them entails new shifters and a complete new set of brakes.

Edited by Skylark

Edit. I didn't see those kek integrated shifter things, minus R1-3k because changing them entails new shifters and a complete new set of brakes.

They were light years ahead of their time, no need to change them.

Think about it, 3 or 4 levers to change gears is so prehistoric

????

it seems the going rate for any 26'' bike in classifieds lately is around ....±6k.

They were light years ahead of their time, no need to change them.

Think about it, 3 or 4 levers to change gears is so prehistoric

also used to run those brake shifter jobbies for many years, and was fitted on many bikes ... I rather like them, the the lever snapped on a ride.

also used to run those brake shifter jobbies for many years, and was fitted on many bikes ... I rather like them, the the lever snapped on a ride.

I have a lever for you, special deal  :w00t:

Buy the lever and get the bike as well

I sold one 3 years ago for 6k. I had it listed for a long time before it went, had lots of 3-4k offers.

As a result I kept the second one as an indoor trainer bike, worth more to me than it is on the 2nd hand market.

PS, once the brain goes, it's tickets. The one I kept has been serviced many a time and is useless beyond now. I have put a plank in the linkage so it stays locked out now - it is on an indoor trainer after all.