Spur Schools MTB League

ChrisF

Hi SCD, did you get hold of Annelize ?

First team manager meeting was held on Friday 28 February.

Dates and venues for High schools and Primary schools were confirmed.  FULL set of rules were provided to team managers.

Trust most schools will pass this information on to their riders and parents shortly.  

Your school coach/team manager can assist you to get the relevant information.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris, yes I did. I couldn't come to the meeting though. Going to Somerset from Cape Town on a Friday afternoon is a bit of a suicide mission! I looks like I will end up being the team manger for our school since there are not many more contenders ;)

Hi Chris, yes I did. I couldn't come to the meeting though. Going to Somerset from Cape Town on a Friday afternoon is a bit of a suicide mission! I looks like I will end up being the team manger for our school since there are not many more contenders ;)

I was in a business meeting near Villiersdorp at the time ....

The presentation helps us to stay current.  :thumbup:

Exciting news for 2020: SPUR SCHOOLS MTB LEAGUE BOLSTERS ITS OFFICIAL PARTNERS

The SSMTBL along with the league’s title and founding sponsor, Spur Steak Ranches, is excited to announce several new partners, along with all our partners who supported us in 2019, to help grow the league and invest back into cycling.

Please welcome Specialized Bicycles, FALKE, Trek Bicycle, and Olympic International as Official Partners to the Spur Schools MTB League. They join our 2019 partners Anatomic Sportswear, Cyclesure South Africa, Signal Bikes, SRAM (Cape Cycle Systems) and uvex sports South Africa, who have all extended their sponsorship and support of the league.

“We are very excited to announce the expanded network of partners who not only bring financial support to the program but also help spread the vibe of the League via their extended marketing networks. In a very tough economic climate and changing adult participation habits, these brands realize the value of investing in youth mountain biking and in doing so, stimulating the development of a new customer base. A big shout-out must go to the major bicycle distributors who now share space on our platform, realizing that the competition for sales comes second to underpinning the growth of the sport.” - Meurant Botha, League Director (Amarider)

Read the full release here: https://www.spurmtbleague.co.za/…/spur-schools-mtb-league-…/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You're invited to join Alan Hatherly Athlete TODAY (Fri Apr 3rd) for a Zwift Race.

Date: Fri 3 Apr
Time: 16:05 (BE 10 MIN EARLY!)
Platform: Zwift
Race: 3R Innsbruckring Flat Race, 2
Laps (17.6km/l0.9m 154m)
Bunch: C Bunch (He's giving you a fair chance!)

This is open to everyone who would like to join who owns or has access at home to a smart trainer. If you don't have Zwift you could sign up for the free trial to check it out while cruising the streets with Alan!

See you online!

https://www.facebook.com/events/151516942877291/

• 2 months later...

Its official .... the 2020 SPUR schools series is cancelled.

Big thanks to Annelize and her team for all the work that went into getting ready for the season.

Looking forward to the 2021 season ????????

Edited by ChrisF