PPA One Tonner - is this happening in 2019?

Rouxenator

Can anyone confirm if this is happening this year? I don't ride my road bike often, but this is one of the few times I did since it's not to far from home. 

With the Stellenbosch Cycle Tour moving away from Stellenbosch High school as venue I was worried that One Tonner might do the same. I see no mention of it on the PPA Events listing.

It was on the event listing I was given for 6th Oct so I'm pretty certain it's going ahead.

Can anyone confirm if this is happening this year? I don't ride my road bike often, but this is one of the few times I did since it's not to far from home. 

With the Stellenbosch Cycle Tour moving away from Stellenbosch High school as venue I was worried that One Tonner might do the same. I see no mention of it on the PPA Events listing.

I have heard they are contemplating to move the event to Wellington. Not confirmed though. 

has the team cat done anything to the event in terms of numbers? 

still a joke the individual 160km is ridden for specs and boentjies

I have heard they are contemplating to move the event to Wellington. Not confirmed though. 

Then I'm out. 

So will they use the same route just with Helz then near the end (after the 60km from Malmesbury to Stellenbosch into a headwind?) - that is going to be pure torture for the average weekend warrior!

Unfortunately confirmed now.

Unfortunately confirmed now.

Bye bye One Tonner, I will look back with fond memories on the 4 I finished. 

Bye bye One Tonner, I will look back with fond memories on the 4 I finished.

Why do you not want to do it from Wellington?

Why do you not want to do it from Wellington?

I stay in Welgevonden, it's 6km to Stellenbosch High and 40km to Wellington. 

Same reason I did not do Stellenbosch Cycle Tour. It has to be a pretty big event for me to load the road bike into the car. Like, Argus I'd say is the only one I am willing to do that for.