Loss of WiFi/Internet Signal to Samsung Smart TV

barrykm

Hi All

Out of the blue I received the Netflix Error Code NW-1-19, no Internet connection on my Samsung Smart TV - no Netflix, no You Tube etc.   :(

All other devices in the home (cellphone, iPad, laptop) are receiving wireless data signal as usual, no problems

I have tried the usual trick of disconnecting the TV from the mains power supply, several times, but this has not worked.

Suggestions please.

Can you go into the settings of the TV? Look for a tab or section for “Network” then try and look for a few things. Does it say connected, what is the SSID, can you run a test?

If the network looks ok. Try forget the network on the tv and reconnect again.

If at all possible, try connect the TV with a network cable. Even if it’s just to test.

Troubleshooting is not easy though. Could be a million different things.

Also, might be worth switching your router internet device off for 2min and then back on. Of course if you have teenagers in the house do this step at your own risk!!

Thanks for your suggestions WrightJnr.

I've tried the easy option of switching off the router, but no joy.

Next is to try the TV settings, I need to find some clear time without risk of interruption to do this.

I had exactly the same problem with my JVC. It started doing it about a month after my warranty expired. A Google search showed it was a common problem with JVC.

I was at a Samsung agent and told him about how crap JVC was and he told me that Samsung had the same problem. Not sure of the technical aspects, but JVC and Samsung have some common part or software or whatever it is that causes the problem.

He suggested running an ethernet cable as it was a cheaper option than a repair.

All else fails put in a small physical switch and run an ethernet cable. Wifi adapters like all other it equipment fail regularly...

Hi All

Out of the blue I received the Netflix Error Code NW-1-19, no Internet connection on my Samsung Smart TV - no Netflix, no You Tube etc.   :(

All other devices in the home (cellphone, iPad, laptop) are receiving wireless data signal as usual, no problems

I have tried the usual trick of disconnecting the TV from the mains power supply, several times, but this has not worked.

Suggestions please.

Read the replies above, my LG Smart TV does exactly the same.

At least once a day I have to search the WiFi signal as it got dropped

Ethernet cables can be made up for around R5/m. Run it inside a piece of PVC trunking or glue it into the corner of the room and up through the ceiling (if it's not in the same room). With a bit of paint, it is hardly noticeable. 

I decided to hard wire all my devices that are fixed (TV, PC's, Media box etc) and connect them through a switch. Never had any connectivity issues. Bandwidth allocation is a discussion for another topic...

Also, might be worth switching your router internet device off for 2min and then back on. Of course if you have teenagers in the house do this step at your own risk!!

The easiest and fastest way to make contact with your teenager.... Mine appears before all the lights on the router have come back on.

The easiest and fastest way to make contact with your teenager.... Mine appears before all the lights on the router have come back on.

Yip. It’s amazing. And the look on their face is a mixture of their dog that died and a crazy serial killer. It’s effective, but high risk!!

Ethernet cables can be made up for around R5/m. Run it inside a piece of PVC trunking or glue it into the corner of the room and up through the ceiling (if it's not in the same room). With a bit of paint, it is hardly noticeable. 

I decided to hard wire all my devices that are fixed (TV, PC's, Media box etc) and connect them through a switch. Never had any connectivity issues. Bandwidth allocation is a discussion for another topic...

Agreed,

Wifi signals are notoriously fickle and can be contended with by all sorts of crazy stuff like backscatter from fluorescent tubes. You wont believe me if i go through the lsit. So a fixed wire cable makes for no wifi contention i.e. eliminates the wifi from the problem set. 

True Story. IN my office i.e. 50 cm from the wifi router i get signal drops. So i just plug in an ethernet cable. 

I am not saying it solves all problems but its a much more stable delivery mechanism. You cna buy a long Cat 5 E cable at any hardware store.

Thanks to all for your replies.

I think I'll have a crack at the TV settings to begin with, and will then consider the ethernet cable if that doesn't work.

We have had great experience with using those gadgets that use your existing electrical cables as the network system.

The modem is in the office, and plugs into a gadget that is in the wall socket. On the other end of the house where the TV is is another wall socket that allows for cable to be plugged into the telly. It also has wifi so the phones and laptops stay connected. There is also one in the kitchen to keep the phones going when we walk around and want to use the house wifi for streaming.

If you are struggling with WiFi signals in a house get a series of these boxes:

https://www.tendacn.com/us/product/nova%20MW6.html

Tenda Wifi Mesh 

These use Mesh technologies rather than Wifi.

Cheap as Chips and drive signals everywhere in the house. Wifi Extenders over power lines and the like cant hold a candle to these. Plus they use other technologies i.e. wifi mesh rather wifi extenders. 

Trust me on this - powerline technologies are at best a compromise and when you start to run up at hi def streaming speeds jitter etc starts making a difference. PLus these are the same price if not cheaper. 

I took out 4 x very good dual mode AP's and a whole lot of physical cabling using these.

Edited by Paul Ruinaard