Loss of WiFi/Internet Signal to Samsung Smart TV

barrykm

If you are struggling with WiFi signals in a house get a series of these boxes:

https://www.tendacn.com/us/product/nova%20MW6.html

Tenda Wifi Mesh 

These use Mesh technologies rather than Wifi.

Cheap as Chips and drive signals everywhere in the house. Wifi Extenders over power lines and the like cant hold a candle to these. Plus they use other technologies i.e. wifi mesh rather wifi extenders. 

Trust me on this - powerline technologies are at best a compromise and when you start to run up at hi def streaming speeds jitter etc starts making a difference. PLus these are the same price if not cheaper. 

I took out 4 x very good dual mode AP's and a whole lot of physical cabling using these.

Would this help the OP?

I'm not sure how these work, but they seem to be some sort of device that extends the wi-fi signal around the house. If his TV does not pick up wi-fi at all, would this help?

Is there someway of connecting these to a TV via cable?

Would this help the OP?

I'm not sure how these work, but they seem to be some sort of device that extends the wi-fi signal around the house. If his TV does not pick up wi-fi at all, would this help?

I don't know this product but I am running AmpliFi Mesh router at home.  DRASTIC change to my old WiFi setup. My LG TV has not given me any issues since the install.

Would this help the OP?

If the reason the TV is not connecting is a weak wifi signal then most definitely they would help. As per my earlier post if its the wifi on the TV that is blown then a physical ethernet cable would solve that issue

Problem solved, for the moment at least. I was able to reconnect the TV to our primary wifi router.

I know this is very simple, but I have a personal history of a number of  frustrating and costly battles with connectivity, so I was anxious to say the least, expecting the worst to happen again.

Thanks again to all who have replied with suggestions and other information, knowledge has been gained.