BROKEN CLAVICAL BONE( NEED ADVICE)

dubbleup

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI . ANY CYCLIST OUT THERE  WHO SUFFERED FROM A BROKEN CLAVICAL BONE. I HAVE READ THAT IT IS ONE OF THE MOST COMMON INJURIES WITH CYCLING.JUST BECAME PART OF THE STATISTICS.

MINE WERE REPAIRED WITH A METAL PLATE AND SKREWS. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IN GENERAL HOW LONG YOUR RECOVERY TOOK. HOW LONG BEFORE YOU COULD GET BACK ON YOUR BIKES.

THANKS

Chris, is that you? 

Will you be back for the Veulta?

HI . ANY CYCLIST OUT THERE  WHO SUFFERED FROM A BROKEN CLAVICAL BONE. I HAVE READ THAT IT IS ONE OF THE MOST COMMON INJURIES WITH CYCLING.JUST BECAME PART OF THE STATISTICS.

MINE WERE REPAIRED WITH A METAL PLATE AND SKREWS. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IN GENERAL HOW LONG YOUR RECOVERY TOOK. HOW LONG BEFORE YOU COULD GET BACK ON YOUR BIKES.

THANKS

15 weeks and I raced 94.7. Long bones with screws and plates heal really quickly.

Off Topic, this is a good example on how to look like a chop because you don't understand social media. 

OP: I am not saying you are a chop. Maybe go edit your 1st post.

A shock much greater than the broken clavicle is the receipt of the invoice for that titanium plate implant.

Son just had plate put in and bill came to R96 000 - eisch!! but covered

Edited by porqui

A shock much greater than the broken clavicle is the receipt of the invoice for that titanium plate implant.

That sound about normal, I've had a few plates and that big costs are the plate at around 20k the theater at R250/min and then the surgeon depending it soft tissue repair is needed.

What's your problem..... Get on your bike and ride. Take a break when it is sore. Get back on and ride. Enjoy your day.

Shot my bra!!

Edited by GAP

Doc and physio said it's a 12 week process, by then it should be a 100%, so it's up to you if you want to f****up before the time or not by doing stupid things.

Edited by GAP

Depending on your break, bones take 8 weeks to mend but not to full strength.  the plate stabilizers things and you will be more comfortable than without it and heal better, not necessarily faster.  take it easy and be patient, you cannot speed up recovery.  If you sit on the indoor trainer to keep your fitness up, this will be a good thing just don't put pressure on it.  be smart.  rushing your recovery may cost you time longterm actually.  get well!

Sjoe, I never saw the bill when I did in my collarbone.

But now that I know the price tag, I can honestly say to the family that I saved R100k by not f@cking myself up this year so I deserve a new rig

I had my latarjet operation last week Thursday. Currently trying to find another way to support myself for long durations on the IDT without having to rely on just the one hand. Has anyone seen any solutions around?

Laterjet-Bristrow is not a simple procedure neither is it done for simple cases.....DO NOT TRY TO PUSH THE BOUNDARIES!!

I had my latarjet operation last week Thursday. Currently trying to find another way to support myself for long durations on the IDT without having to rely on just the one hand. Has anyone seen any solutions around?

I'm in the same boat there brother.

Fractured the head of my radius bone (elbow joint) almost 3 weeks ago with a splendid fall.

elbow in a sling for 6 weeks at 90 degrees and then back to the Orthopaedic Surgeon for a follow up.

I'm guessing once I get to straighten my arm again, there's gonna be a whole lot more work before I get to hold onto my handlebars of my mtb with the vibrations on some of the trails

Wow, so many... Cycling is certainly keeping the medical economy in a healthy (excuse the pun) state is seems.  Wonder if they have share in our trails...

Same here, badly fractured my wrist two weeks ago, plate/screws fitted last week, Friday, and now the road to recovery seems to be a long and winding one, but should be traveled with caution and patience.  Something I am also working on, much easier said than done, but in the bigger scheme of things, the right thing to do... (I keep on telling myself!) 

Edited by The Commuter