Ironman 2020 African Championships Port Elizabeth

Craai

What you guys gonna do? Defer to November or March 2022? What the hell, wanted to do epic in 2022. Did n crap load of bases training through winter, and now boom!! Well then Atta it is, with 361 later. 

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you guys gonna do? Defer to November or March 2022? What the hell, wanted to do epic in 2022. Did n crap load of bases training through winter, and now boom!! Well then Atta it is, with 361 later. 

I'm going to race in Nov 2021. I'll keep on with the training up until then. 

Blikskottel!How dissapointing!Will probably klap Nov 2021 and get it over with.At least we know much longer before the event.....so can spend proper time with the kids over holidays whilst still maintaining some fitness.

Anyone finding it really difficult to motivate yourself to keep training? 

I reckon thats completely understandable. One trains with goals in mind including the event itself. When there is uncertainty it does make motivation problematic. 

Take some breaks , there is much time to Nov 2021. 

I reckon thats completely understandable. One trains with goals in mind including the event itself. When there is uncertainty it does make motivation problematic. 

Take some breaks , there is much time to Nov 2021. 

Yeah, I've decided to humour a friend of mine. No bricking session for me on Sunday, I'll join him for a slow ass ride down the greenbelts to Bootleggers and back again. Then he'll message me 20 mins after we get home and say something like OMW that's just what I needed I should ride with you more often and you'll keep me motivated to get fit again.... or some k@k like that. 

Anyone finding it really difficult to motivate yourself to keep training? 

Yeah, my big problem came with lockdown and a IDT that decided to give up the ghost just as lockdown started. A few months of doing NOTHING leads to being as unfit as I've ever been. It's been a struggle to get back into any kind of exercise rhythm since.

Leave starts today, so hopefully 3 productive weeks of training ahead

Yeah, my big problem came with lockdown and a IDT that decided to give up the ghost just as lockdown started. A few months of doing NOTHING leads to being as unfit as I've ever been. It's been a struggle to get back into any kind of exercise rhythm since.

Goodluck, enjoy getting back into it. You'll be surprised how fast you can bounce back... You won't be breaking any PB's just yet but you'll feel good about yourself very soon. 

When the Mrs finally got out of gauranteen on 31 July after not seeing each other for 7 months i decided to spend some time away from sport and more family time. Then the wedding planning kicked in and last Saturday we got married. I also got promoted at work in October to Op's manager so that also limited my desire and even ability to train.  All in all, since 31 July i have not done anything and I feel like the oros man currently.

Strangely enough after another sleepless night, i told her this morning that once we get back from honeymoon i will be starting to do so exercise again. Even if it is just to allow me to sleep at night again. 

When the Mrs finally got out of gauranteen on 31 July after not seeing each other for 7 months i decided to spend some time away from sport and more family time. Then the wedding planning kicked in and last Saturday we got married. I also got promoted at work in October to Op's manager so that also limited my desire and even ability to train.  All in all, since 31 July i have not done anything and I feel like the oros man currently.

Strangely enough after another sleepless night, i told her this morning that once we get back from honeymoon i will be starting to do so exercise again. Even if it is just to allow me to sleep at night again. 

We are young and fit ....

Life happens ....

The Oros man becomes the Michelen man ....

post-110956-0-42776300-1607684917_thumb.jpg

MUCH easier to nip this in the butt early, than to try and regain form when the kids go to high school ....  :whistling:   :ph34r:   And YES, staying fit REALLY helps with increased work stress !!

PS - congrats on the wedding

Big year eh...congratZZZ

Wedding and promotion (and potentially some drive to kick off training again) - 2020 for the win!

Congrats

Congrats on the marriage and promotion! 

• 5 months later...

Sooooo 

How's everyone's training going?

I've been so slap gat with my training as work has been insane and so has life. I've barely hit my weekly 600 points for Vitality. 

Just not sure when this event will actually take place as we now see the numbers climbing again and the talks of limit gatherings again.... ????

#Covidsemoer 

Ja nee dit sukkel, and now with the cold winter settling in here, i find it difficult to wake up early and train. haven't done a swimming session in about 2 months. Also not sure if anything will happen this year... Lacking motivation..

11 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

Ja nee dit sukkel, and now with the cold winter settling in here, i find it difficult to wake up early and train. haven't done a swimming session in about 2 months. Also not sure if anything will happen this year... Lacking motivation..

With Durban happening, I suspect that PE will !!