[Event] Fedhealth MTB Challenge

Events Bot

Oooh and this should be fun.... There's a 60km E-bike marathon class as well

<ducks behind the desk>

Another event where the CSA rules for an official WP XCM event will be quietly ignored?

Since I'm riding on a free entry I guess I will just have to suck it up, smile & wave to the ebikes and complain afterwards on the hub...  :P

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another event where the CSA rules for an official WP XCM event will be quietly ignored?

Since I'm riding on a free entry I guess I will just have to suck it up, smile & wave to the ebikes and complain afterwards on the hub...  :P

Just use them as your motopacer till the battery dies then drop them like a bad habit

Edited by DieselnDust

Damn, entries have closed already  :eek:

Edit: Aaah, coming in from another link shows that it's sold out.

Proper tough route, heat didn't help either. The Boschendal & Bothmaskop singletracks sublime as always. The detour through Banhoek also a serious fitness test. For me this race now fills the gap left by the old Argus & Burger MTB events that since scaled down into simple funrides.

Unfortunately SASeeding still hates me for all the nasty things I say about them on this site so I was again seeded at the back, spent most of my morning working my way through traffic :devil: , only near the last 20km did the route open up for me but by then I was too tired to give the last bit of singletrack a proper go.

Pity this race is on the same weekend as the WCE, big decision to make next year again...

Proper tough route, heat didn't help either. The Boschendal & Bothmaskop singletracks sublime as always. The detour through Banhoek also a serious fitness test. For me this race now fills the gap left by the old Argus & Burger MTB events that since scaled down into simple funrides.

Unfortunately SASeeding still hates me for all the nasty things I say about them on this site so I was again seeded at the back, spent most of my morning working my way through traffic :devil: , only near the last 20km did the route open up for me but by then I was too tired to give the last bit of singletrack a proper go.

Pity this race is on the same weekend as the WCE, big decision to make next year again...

SASeeding is *^$#% up. I give up on them. I can't understand why Stillwater Sports uses them. Unless you do lots of stage races and the Nissan Trailseeker Series you just won't get your SAseeding up. And then there's the fight where they can't import your results accurately

To rub salt into that wound the WPMTB XCM series guys are supposed to start with A batch. Get to the line and was told "Nope you have to start in your seeded group!" The commissaire slicks away and says something like "Sorry, but we were ^%$# over".

Ok we start in B and then we chase. Started catching A seeded riders within the first 10km!! Considering they had a 10min head start that just proves the seeding does not work. Caught half the A batch by 20km.

then some bad luck with a mechanical that took a long time to resolve. Thanks to the rider who gave me a bomb. Id used all three of mine by then. (You know who you are :) )

Then in the last 10km I start overtaking E and F seeded riders who were told they were redirected to the finish. SO we have 65km rider and 65/35KM riders all listed under the 65km finishers category and then we have the proper 32km category riders.

and then there were the e-bikers

SASeeding is *^$#% up. I give up on them. I can't understand why Stillwater Sports uses them. Unless you do lots of stage races and the Nissan Trailseeker Series you just won't get your SAseeding up. And then there's the fight where they can't import your results accurately

To rub salt into that wound the WPMTB XCM series guys are supposed to start with A batch. Get to the line and was told "Nope you have to start in your seeded group!" The commissaire slicks away and says something like "Sorry, but we were ^%$# over".

Ok we start in B and then we chase. Started catching A seeded riders within the first 10km!! Considering they had a 10min head start that just proves the seeding does not work. Caught half the A batch by 20km.

then some bad luck with a mechanical that took a long time to resolve. Thanks to the rider who gave me a bomb. Id used all three of mine by then. (You know who you are :) )

Then in the last 10km I start overtaking E and F seeded riders who were told they were redirected to the finish. SO we have 65km rider and 65/35KM riders all listed under the 65km finishers category and then we have the proper 32km category riders.

and then there were the e-bikers

Sounds like a super rad, all in experience on the bike!

hahaha but yeah... tire mechanicals at a race suck. You almost never get it quite right

I'm not wasting another rant on the rubbish that is SASeeding, I just go out and enjoy the ride (granted I was not competing in the WP XCM)

The last paragraph clears up a few things, was a bit bemused looking at the results on how many people in my group (and the one behind us) posted faster times than me on the day despite only being passed by 2 people during the whole race.

I'm not wasting another rant on the rubbish that is SASeeding, I just go out and enjoy the ride (granted I was not competing in the WP XCM)

The last paragraph clears up a few things, was a bit bemused looking at the results on how many people in my group (and the one behind us) posted faster times than me on the day despite only being passed by 2 people during the whole race.

ya ignore the results, they're a farce if you started outside of A batch.

Sounds like a super rad, all in experience on the bike!

hahaha but yeah... tire mechanicals at a race suck. You almost never get it quite right

Yeah, the event can't be faulted for the course. It was a superb 65km route. Once my race was over I just enjoyed the remaining 40km. 

But they made a mockery of the WPXCM aspect of the event and then using SASeeding again...

Pay the money and use racetec. It just works 

ya ignore the results, they're a farce if you started outside of A batch.

I had a look on the Strava flybys - lot of people were diverted onto the tar road down to the venue after the Bothmaskop section, but they still got an official result even though they only did about 60% of the route.

Well I guess that would help explain how all these slow coaches are always are seeded ahead of me  ^_^

4 of the Top 10 finishers in the Marathon results actually did the 40km ride and about 17 in the top 60. I crossed checked on Strava (some  accounts were private so might be more) 

Yes there can only be one winner, but if you have suffered on the route you would like actual results! "Top 20" "Top 30" etc .

4 of the Top 10 finishers in the Marathon results actually did the 40km ride and about 17 in the top 60. I crossed checked on Strava (some  accounts were private so might be more) 

Yes there can only be one winner, but if you have suffered on the route you would like actual results! "Top 20" "Top 30" etc .

Total farce. Next years I’ll ride an e-bike instead. Never thought I’d rate advendurance so highly but at least their race results are trustworthy

I had a look on the Strava flybys - lot of people were diverted onto the tar road down to the venue after the Bothmaskop section, but they still got an official result even though they only did about 60% of the route.

Well I guess that would help explain how all these slow coaches are always are seeded ahead of me ^_^

I bailed after wp2 and headed back to the finish via the tar road. Made a point of not turning back onto the route and rather rode in via the car parking route.

If you've bailed, why on earth would you cross the finish line.. think the individual riders have to take the blame for that one.

Did anyone else struggle to buy non-alcoholic drinks at the finish? By 1pm I couldn't even find water to buy, total stuff up by the organisers. Given the forecast how could they not ensure sufficient water at the finish!

Oh, if anyone found a multitool, bomb and co2 valve/adapter somewhere before wp2 I'd love the multitool back...