Nissan Trailseeker Hemel and Aarde 2019

ac*

Hi,

I want some advice on the above race next weekend.

Since the route profiles are only posted a week before the event, I want to know whether the 40km half marathon is doable for a entry level to intermediate rider?

Apparently this specific routes consists of 20km single track, does anyone know that level of technical skills would be required?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated :)

Regards,

The Singletrack is the Hemel-en-aarde trails that runs along the gorge. Its very nice fast flowy stuff, all rideable by intermediate riders. There is one tough climb before you turn back and head back toward the start. 

By nature and design the Trailseeker events are tougher than the average family oriented MTB race and this is true across all the routes.

What Diesel said. I haven't ridden this trailseeker before but I do know the Hermanus trails fairly well. Hoping this is easier than some of the others.

I did the 40km race in 2015, and it was tough. It is a lekker race nonetheless, and will definitely be one I do again, but as mentioned by DieselnDust, pack your climbing legs. The singe track is not technical at all. It's mostly flowing and rolling type of ST. The climbs from what I remember are short, punchy climbs, with one or two longish ascents. The last 10 kays I found to be a slog on the day, but also because there was a devil wind blowing that day.

Don't be intimidated by the event, rather enjoy the day, and use it as a measure of your skills and fitness.

I did the 40km race in 2015, and it was tough. It is a lekker race nonetheless, and will definitely be one I do again, but as mentioned by DieselnDust, pack your climbing legs. The singe track is not technical at all. It's mostly flowing and rolling type of ST. The climbs from what I remember are short, punchy climbs, with one or two longish ascents. The last 10 kays I found to be a slog on the day, but also because there was a devil wind blowing that day.

Don't be intimidated by the event, rather enjoy the day, and use it as a measure of your skills and fitness.

The 70km on the other hand is a &%#$

bring  climbing legs, and a sense of humour because its going to hurt

Also planning on going down to hermanus for the 70...should be interesting considering lack of fitness.

Not what I really wanted to hear but hi ho ... every pedal stroke makes us stronger for the next one.

The 70km on the other hand is a &%#$

bring climbing legs, and a sense of humour because its going to hurt

Traffic advisory : plan on an extra 30min if leaving the Saturday morning due to road works outside Sir Lowries pass village and the N2 after Victoria Road turn off.

budget an extra hour if driving through Friday