SARS and the 3 consignment limit

Sbloomer

Spoke to one of the Customs guys at work, he said if you are using normal postage SARS does not even follow up on how many imports you make and don't have the capacity to check anyway.

This is nothing new.Got mine ( personally not company’s)about 15 years ago.

The 3 import is not a new rule either.Always been around.

As said SARS is too busy to apply it BUT every now and then(usually when you least expect it or it’s most inconvenient).

When I heard this 15 years ago implied for my importers license.was a couple of forms.

As far as I can remember it was free and a few weeks later got a import number.

No annual fee or anything.

Just do it.

On a side note I must admit some courier especially ARAMEX have been asking me for this lately NOT because of sars but usually there has been a delay on their side and they trying to use this as an excuse.

If I want something, I want something.   My time and effort is worth more than the cost associated with just pressing click, answering one phone call, and then getting up 72hrs later to collect from the delivery guy.

Just my 2c  (or in UPS case, my R20.  :ph34r: )

this^. again, you get what you pay for. I dont buy offshore every week....but when I do I make up for all the times I didn't lol.  Then R450 per shipment is really not that harsh...especially if you get your crap 4 days later no hassles.

Yep, that extra cost to have something on my bike for riding on the weekend, totally worth it.  If I was to quabble over every R100 note, I'm doing the wrong sport.

Archived