diet advice

hey all,

Im wanting to lean up (winter spread is setting in) and get my shape back for summer.... Any diet advice will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegan / LCHF / IF... find what works for you. This is such a broad topic for discussion.

Eat less, train more. Quite simple really.

sadly not ..... 

Many people dont understand the basic food groups, ie Protien, Carbs, etc ....  

I certainly went about it the wrong the way when I tried to "eat less" a few years ago .... cutting out the "good food", and thus eating more of those very food groups that I was supposed to be eating less off.

For those that do understand the food groups, and their bodies and their health .... yes, it should be as easy as "eat less, train more".

For those that dont understand these basics ..... PLEASE consider a couple of sessions with a dietitian, which in turn should be asking a lot of medical questions, to ensure the advise they give are applicable to YOU .....

o-well, just my two carrot sticks, and 200g steak, on this topic ....

Edited by ChrisF

Get something like the ‘MyFitnessPal’ app, and start logging everything you eat. You will quickly where the extra calories are coming from, and where you need to change. Loads of local foods/packaging one can just scan the barcode with the app.

If one uses an activity tracker/strava/etc, one can also link it, to track calories in/out

The simpler, the easier it is to stick to :

https://breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/how-to-eat-for-all-day-energy-and-athletic-performance

In a nutshell:

Reduce insulin spikes during the day by reducing carbs until the evening. This is a basic template to start from and tweak.

You can always experiment from here. Introduce fasted mornings (intermittent fasting or IF) or adjust carbs on long ride days etc

sadly not .....

Many people dont understand the basic food groups, ie Protien, Carbs, etc ....

I certainly went about it the wrong the way when I tried to "eat less" a few years ago .... cutting out the "good food", and thus eating more of those very food groups that I was supposed to be eating less off.

For those that do understand the food groups, and their bodies and their health .... yes, it should be as easy as "eat less, train more".

For those that dont understand these basics ..... PLEASE consider a couple of sessions with a dietitian, which in turn should be asking a lot of medical questions, to ensure the advise they give are applicable to YOU .....

o-well, just my two carrot sticks, and 200g steak, on this topic ....

I agree. I believe in a balanced diet and training. People tend to starve themselves to lose weight then they dont have energy to exercise. My diet changes with my training blocks.

Basically, you can't have your cake and eat it.

So many people eat less but still drink beer or they ride then binge eat more calories than they burnt.

If you're putting on weight, cut out what you know is a bad decision. Avoid over eating and make good life decisions.

There is no magic to it. It comes down to small life decisions that you already know the answer to.

We aren't children. If you drink alcohol, drink less. If you eat take aways, don't. If you eat sweeties and drink sugary drinks, don't.

If you want to get ripped and start winning races etc go to a dietitian, but if you just want to stop the winter spread, think before you eat/drink

hey all,

Im wanting to lean up (winter spread is setting in) and get my shape back for summer.... Any diet advice will be greatly appreciated.

What shape are you looking for?

What is the best for your body type?

Maybe you should see a dietician or nutritionist?

Intermittent fasting works for me.......no complicated diet plan, just a simple on off switch

What shape are you looking for?

What is the best for your body type?

Maybe you should see a dietician or nutritionist?

What for...just cut out beer,sweets and chocolates,pastries and pies,all fast foods and fizzy drinks and play sport