MIPS.

Yazpeter

Good evening hubsters.

Im in the process of purchasing my first helmet but was told to consider MIPS ? ANYONE tried and tested the MIPS technology? It's obviously a bit more pricey and Im only doing beginner trails so I doubt there'll be drops and rough terrain. Should I consider MIPS as a beginner ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good evening hubsters.

Im in the process of purchasing my first helmet but was told to consider MIPS ? ANYONE tried and tested the MIPS technology? It's obviously a bit more pricey and Im only doing beginner trails so I doubt there'll be drops and rough terrain. Should I consider MIPS as a beginner ?

Buy as good a helmet as you can afford.

Buy as good a helmet as you can afford.

It Really is as simple as that , never ever compromise on your helmet 

but mips is just one of a few systems that claim to handle rotation better than A "standard helmet "

buy the best you can afford :)

Thanks. Im just bit cautious with this new hobby I've taken up. Im also in the market for knee pads. Anyone know of a good pair under 1k ?

Thanks. Im just bit cautious with this new hobby I've taken up. Im also in the market for knee pads. Anyone know of a good pair under 1k ?

you should be able to get G-form for that but maybe save a little more and get leatt's they're so main stream but worth it cause they last forever 

Go onto pinned website, they really well priced, leatt enduro helmet maybe, and airflex knee pads, depending on what you intending on doing

Not sure of your budget but I have always worn FOX helmets, they look pretty cool and are well priced. Last week I bought their new FLUX with MIPS from CycleLab, was marked at 1 999.00 at the till i paid 1 699.00

They have good reviews and strangely i found overseas prices were slightly higher or the same as here.

I used it the first time this weekend, it certainly was a better fit and more comfortable than the older models.

Thanks meezo. Just added helmet air flex and gloves to my pinned cart but when paying it fails. They are legit hey ? Shows money left my account but the transaction apparently unsuccessful? I'll follow up with fast pay in the morning.

Helmets fit differentially across brands, not all fit the same. Some fit your head, others simply won't.

Spend the most you can. Fit in store, find the best fit.

Feel free to shop online once you select the best brand for you, model and size. A top shelf helmet in a poor fit will not keep you safe.

Helmets fit differentially across brands, not all fit the same. Some fit your head, others simply won't.

Spend the most you can. Fit in store, find the best fit.

Feel free to shop online once you select the best brand for you, model and size. A top shelf helmet in a poor fit will not keep you safe.

I decided against ordering the helmet online because of what you said. Probably best i go in and store and test fit the brand i'm interested in. 

Thanks meezo. Just added helmet air flex and gloves to my pinned cart but when paying it fails. They are legit hey ? Shows money left my account but the transaction apparently unsuccessful? I'll follow up with fast pay in the morning.

Definitely legit, mail them up they quite prompt with response too

Mips as far as bell helmets go is an extran skin on the inside of the helmet that moves, so that when you crash hitting your head, the mips systems moves/ rotates they way you head is shifting within the helmet so that you should have maximum protection.

Yes, buy what you can afford, but also look at whats the best within you budget, after all you investing in protecting your bodies engine. How much do you value it?

I had issues with fast pay over the weekend as well with a different vendor. Ended up doing an eft.

Pinned is legit, I've done quite a few orders through them.

I had issues with fast pay over the weekend as well with a different vendor. Ended up doing an eft.

Pinned is legit, I've done quite a few orders through them.

Ended up doing the EFT as well, purchase successful.