Specialized Epic Rear Shock Recall

ZXR

Hi, I have been informed by my LBS that my 2109 Epic must come in for a rear shock upgrade/replacement, I have heard of, and know of a number of owners who have experienced problems with the rear shock, all 2018 models, I for one have had no problems, granted, I do not do that many kilos on this bike and a fairly light, 76Kg's.

I have checked the Specialized web site for any recall notices but there is none related to this model.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject.

Thanks

Cheers

Hi ZXR

We suggest you take your bike to your authorised retailer to have the shock checked and follow their recommendation. Alternatively, simply wait until your next shock service is due and it will be checked then.

The upgrade minimises the risk that you will experience issues with your shock in future.

Cheers

Hi ZXR

We suggest you take your bike to your authorised retailer to have the shock checked and follow their recommendation. Alternatively, simply wait until your next shock service is due and it will be checked then.

The upgrade minimises the risk that you will experience issues with your shock in future.

Cheers

Will do.

Thanks