The Magalies Citrus Gravel Xpress 2019

mecheng89

I was less than amused with the e-bikes just cruising past.

Why?

how did this negatively impact your ride?

I did the 50k CX event. We started along with the 45km MTB riders.

The pace at the front after the "neutral" zone was quite intense, we started dropping riders as it went on, and with the juniors constantly attacking for their spot for the 45k, I dropped off after 20k or so, HR through the roof. 

I was joined by another gravel rider and we soldiered on, until I dropped him. 

Laps around the little dam just broke me, my legs were so toast by then. Happy for something different, even though I was cramping like a SOB.

Finally got my first podium too  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: .

Why?

how did this negatively impact your ride?

Not so much fun to be trying your darndest and having someone race past you on e-power. Also, no e-bike category, so these riders finish in the same category as the rest. 

I'm no winner and this is just ego, so in the grand scheme of things, live and let live.

Not so much fun to be trying your darndest and having someone race past you on e-power. Also, no e-bike category, so these riders finish in the same category as the rest. 

I'm no winner and this is just ego, so in the grand scheme of things, live and let live.

There was an Ebike category as far as I'm aware.

There was an Ebike category as far as I'm aware.

Nothing listed in the event info about a specific e-bike category, don't know if there was a category within each distance for e-bike?