Bang for Buck MTB shoes

robsc

Just looking for suggestions , my current Scott Pro shoes are coming to the end of their life and will be needing new shoes . Budget about R2000/R2300 . Any suggestions and opinions will be appreciated ?

Had a pair of giros, great shoes. Now have first accent. Very happy. 

If you have a wider feet, the spez shoes are great apparently. 

Ive got Spez shoes coz of my fat feet and they are great, been riding with Spez shoes for almost 10 years...

I did have a brain fart and bought a pair of Fizik M5 shoes some years back and they are great for 30km at most and then id rather take them off and ride barefoot. Too narrow. These get used for short interval rides only. Maybe I could use them for a fancy dance one day, thats all they good for.

Had entry level First Ascents, they lasted just over a year before the sole pulled away from the shoe.

Have Giro Privateer R's - very happy with them even though they are quite snug fitting on my wide feet.

Have Spez Comps - happy with them. Size for size definitely wider than the Giro's.

Just looking for suggestions , my current Scott Pro shoes are coming to the end of their life and will be needing new shoes . Budget about R2000/R2300 . Any suggestions and opinions will be appreciated ?

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/comp-mountain-bike-shoes/p/133000?color=228378-133000

in that budget...these are awesome. Spaz comps. They also look alot more expensive than they are.

that also opens up the body geo arch inserts should you need/want to try some. I'm trying some higher arch inserts this weekend.

Edited by morneS555

are you looking for road or MTB shoes? 

Edit, saw the title.....

Edited by Allrounder

are you looking for road or MTB shoes? 

lol...oops. thats makes a difference right? :blush:

I have the Giro Terraduro. 

They can take heaps of abuse and are so comfortable to walk in. I think I would get another pair but that will be in many many years time. 

About R2500, Carbon soles, Italian quality.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0615/1357/products/Gaerne_Carbon-G.Hurricane_carbon-sole_affordable-mountain-bike-shoes_silver_1200x1200.jpg?v=1554924699

iv had mine for 6 months now no problems yet Olympic mtb shoes R899 at takealot

Sorry thats what i paid last year at Origin of trails. Takealot R1650.00

I've got a pair of Louis Garneau Granite which you can pickup at various online stores in your budget range.

They super comfortable and hard wearing. I don't recommend them if you have broad feet as they are quite narrowly designed.

post-75287-0-33982500-1562319931_thumb.jpg

I've got a pair of Louis Garneau Granite which you can pickup at various online stores in your budget range.

They super comfortable and hard wearing. I don't recommend them if you have broad feet as they are quite narrowly designed.

I have seen LG's around often at great prices. Very nice looking kit at those prices and i have often been tempted to grab a pair. Can you perhaps say whether they have similar narrowness or are narrower than say, Giro's?

I have seen LG's around often at great prices. Very nice looking kit at those prices and i have often been tempted to grab a pair. Can you perhaps say whether they have similar narrowness or are narrower than say, Giro's?

Maybe not as narrow as the Giro's but they are a tight fitting shoe.

Dont overlook the Rider bora 2. Also seems to be very decent shoes Round about 1200 a pair.

I did not buy them because is was forced to buy from sportsmans warehouse due to almost due vouchers. and they stocked the first accents that I now have.