[Event] THE BAINSKLOOF RUSH (bike packing/camping race)

KieserJ

dammit flu why now??

is this going to become an annual thing,

if so im booking my spot for next year?

im starting this weekend building a bike trailer and getting ready for next year

booked a site. Could only get lucky nr 13.  Solved the camping gear issue by inviting the brother in law along. Can now just send all the camping gear with him and ride my bike lol. #bikepackdoping 

edit: please let us know what route the cruisers will be riding so we can join up?. not on the 'gram' so cant partake in the festivities on there.

Edited by morneS555

Hi 

I was thinking of this route. The goal will be to get on the r44 as quickly as possible. 

thats what i also have as the best one I think. There is just one spot past Fisantekraal on the R304 i'd like to be in a group if possible. We can join in anywhere from Nitida/bloemendal on Racecourse Rd etc in dbville. We will be in the area. I got added to the groupie earlier...will it be possible to estimate a time past durbanville or can we sommer communicate it on the day via the group as we go?. Gonna be epic.

thats what i also have as the best one I think. There is just one spot past Fisantekraal on the R304 i'd like to be in a group if possible. We can join in anywhere from Nitida/bloemendal on Racecourse Rd etc in dbville. We will be in the area. I got added to the groupie earlier...will it be possible to estimate a time past durbanville or can we sommer communicate it on the day via the group as we go?. Gonna be epic.

Yeah, I agree. It sounds like my cycling partner is getting cold feet, so will definitely want to join a group as well. Indeed, gonna be epic!!

Hi 

I was thinking of this route. The goal will be to get on the r44 as quickly as possible. 

Nice, we're also doing something like this. See you guys on the road!

booked a site. Could only get lucky nr 13.  Solved the camping gear issue by inviting the brother in law along. Can now just send all the camping gear with him and ride my bike lol. #bikepackdoping 

edit: please let us know what route the cruisers will be riding so we can join up?. not on the 'gram' so cant partake in the festivities on there.

no. 13 ... does this mean you have to pitch your tent upside down? :)

Enjoy sounds like its gonna be a blast!

I didn't take part in this event but took a ride through from Durbanville to Tweede Tol on Friday left at about 9am and thought I may meet some of those who were doing this event ,didn't see anyone along the route to or on my cycle back to Durbanville ,also Campsite was very quite but still was a beautiful day to be on your bike and to see all the water on the mountains amazing

Most of the group only got to Tweede tol around 3/4pm on friday. Many beer stops along the way lol. 

Most of the group only got to Tweede tol around 3/4pm on friday. Many beer stops along the way lol. 

I thought I might have been a little early