TOKEN Cycling Club Weekend Rides

Warren Foyn

Hi Hubbers,

I thought I'd post our new TOKEN Cycling Club weekend ride schedule here in case anyone's looking for a group to join.

We're also looking for a few ride marshals to assist with these rides. There is free club membership and kit on offer, because we know there's "nothing for nothing" :-)

(You do not need to be a member to join our group rides)

For more info on the club you can visit our website https://tokencycling.co.za/token-cycling-and-multisport-club/

TOKEN Cycling Club Rides leaving from Cedar Square in Fourways / Craigavon

Saturday (Leaving at 07h00 until 31 August 2019)

Rides will follow a roughly circular route through the Cradle of Humankind where traffic is minimal and there are generous shoulders and cycle lanes for most of the routes. There are several route options for you to choose from dependent on your mood and cycling ability. There will be a re-group point at the traffic circle at the top of the “Valverde Climb” roughly 20km into the ride, and then another at Bidon Bistro near Kloofzicht at 53km / 70km depending which route you’re following. The support vehicle, when applicable, will follow route option 1, and will at all times ride behind the last club member on the day. The route distances will vary between 78km and 107km, and 1 000 – 1 600m of climbing, and you are free to decide for your self on the day which route / group you’d like to ride with.

Sunday (Leaving at 07h30 until 31 August 2019)

We have only 1 official club route on a Sunday, but again due to the nature of riding in the Cradle of Humankind you will be able to shorten your ride should you prefer to do so while still being looked after by your fellow club members and the support vehicle when applicable, The Sunday route is 82km with just over 1 000m of climbing.

TCC-Saturday-Route-1.pngTCC-Saturday-Route-2.pngTCC-Saturday-Route-3.pngTCC-Sunday-Route-1.png
Edited by TOKEN Cycling SA

• 2 months later...

HI there, 

What are your ride times now that we are beyond 31 August? :-)

Also, will you be having a group ride on the Heritage Day public holiday (and potentially the Monday too, I suspect many people will be taking time off on this day?)

Looking forward to joining your group rides. 

Hi Thomo,

We would like to expand to the cape, it’s just getting the correct infrastructure in place. But watch this space, it may happen sooner than later ????

HI there,

What are your ride times now that we are beyond 31 August? :-)

Also, will you be having a group ride on the Heritage Day public holiday (and potentially the Monday too, I suspect many people will be taking time off on this day?)

Looking forward to joining your group rides.

Hi Sydd,

We haven’t changed our ride times permanently yet, but are considering doing so. As far as a ride tomorrow, we are joining another group going out PTA way for 4hrs. Pace will be around 30km/h, you’re welcome to join us.