50 years ago..

Stretch

No TV in those days so we were all huddled around the radio. 

I'm sure there is a newspaper clipping somewhere in my chaotic life study. :blush:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other day on the radio they were talking about this. someone called in and also said he does not think so. He went further to say why havent more landings been done and carried on and on

From google

How many times have humans been to the moon?

While three astronauts flew to the Moon twice, of which two landed, none landed on the Moon more than once. The nine Apollo missions to the Moon occurred between December 1968 and December 1972. Apart from these twenty-four men who visited the Moon, no human being has gone beyond low Earth orbit.

It was a race to the closest thing to us.. Nothing more nothing less... There is no reason why we should be interested in exploring it further.. So why waste the money

Well... I was around and it did happen

Heard it on the radio

and saw an actual piece of moon rock on display.

was it from area 51?

I always ask this question

If the the technology was there 50 years ago to put a man on the moon, surely, just surely Nestle can develop a Milo that dissolves in cold milk.

Maybe we need a poll to see who actually believes the moon landing happened [emoji38]

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the there have been multiple Russian American and Japanese landings since...

Only mericans walked on the moon. 12 of them. 

I always ask this question

If the the technology was there 50 years ago to put a man on the moon, surely, just surely Nestle can develop a Milo that dissolves in cold milk.

And miss out on eating the bits off the top? Don't be daft!

And miss out on eating the bits off the top? Don't be daft!

After adding my milk I always take a heaped spoonful and dip it in the milk so the milk coats the spoonful.... And then straight into the mouth.

After adding my milk I always take a heaped spoonful and dip it in the milk so the milk coats the spoonful.... And then straight into the mouth.

And before you stir your wife’s cuppa ????

They (allegedly) landed on the moon years before luggage with wheels were invented  :w00t:  :w00t:

They (allegedly) landed on the moon years before luggage with wheels were invented :w00t: :w00t:

Ja but that's because they weren't taking luggage to the moon.

50 years ago on the 16th July 3 astronauts, Neil Armstrong. Buzz Aldrin..and that other bloke set off en route to the moon. They will land 5 days later on the 20th July

edit: - i was a bit premature....it took off tomorrow...16 July  :whistling:  :D

That other bloke was Collins. :clap:

Thanks to Google. New Google Doodle this morning.

What i find really odd is the commentary by "Other Bloke" sounds somewhat like Stephen Hawkings voice modulator thingymabob. Not sure how old he is now, but sounds like he is getting on. 

Archived