[Event] PPA Sportive #8

Pedal Power Association

yass that's 30mins away from my house and I still have to collect my chip and all, so that means leaving my house at 4:30, what did I get myself into

I normally leave 4ish to attend most events ..  55min drive at least for me to most ,   wish they would make start bit later , would make the wind a real race factor  and you miss the drunk 5 am drivers.

Guess you can give yourself 15-30 minutes after few events .. if you have all numbers/boards/chips and loo (no2) at home

Edited by Karman de Lange

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you can give yourself 15-30 minutes after few events .. if you have all numbers/boards/chips and loo (no2) at home

When this happens before I've even put my lycra on...

post-55232-0-16155100-1575538797_thumb.jpg

Hi all, I’m coming down from JhB and have entered to ride on Sunday. Having never done one of these, how does number collection work, can’t find anything regarding a registration prior to Sunday?

Hi all, I’m coming down from JhB and have entered to ride on Sunday. Having never done one of these, how does number collection work, can’t find anything regarding a registration prior to Sunday?

Park car by 5am . Then walk over to number collection table. Should only take 5mins, depending how long the queue is

Not sure if you have pre-entered and / or are a PPA member, or will be doing an late entry, but the system is fairly simple and effective.

After finding your parking spot, make your way to the PPA tent where the Ladies will be sitting, waiting to eagerly assist you.

Pre-entered: go to the appropriately marked table, and give your name which will then be checked and crossed off, you will be given a sticker with your start batch on. This must be attached to your PPA race number, which you will have to collect there if you do not have one already.

Late entry: fill in the provided form, pay your money to the friendly Lady, get your sticker, stick it to your PPA race number and then report to your starting batch, and then just enjoy your race.

Edited by Wannabe

The seedings have been updated. Virtual winners time not adjusted too severely so If you were still with AB at the end of last weeks race you are now in A. Which is good because I have gone and got sick and might not make Sunday.

Edited by davidtinker

The seedings have been updated. Virtual winners time not adjusted too severely so If you were still with AB at the end of last weeks race you are now in A. Which is good because I have gone and got sick and might not make Sunday.

beta?

beta?

0.72, adjusted winning time 1h56m24s

So a sub 2h09 should give A and Sub 2h13m10s should get you into B

Edited by DJTerblanche

so top of CE all now in B  ... (if i got calcs right) .. 

o boy .. i see many a dropped rider on hels next year

had start time wrong .. thanks DJT

I'm dumb with this seeding stuff. What exactly is a virtual winner? I see it is around 6mins quicker than the actual winner. 

did quick calc and by my estimation top 50% of   C-E bunch will get about ~20 index, which will put all into B group , messing whole seeding allocation again.  Unless winner time and beta is lower than 1:55 and/or 0.8 .

I did not do #8 so don't really matter in my world .......

0.72, adjusted winning time 1h56m24s

So a sub 2h09 should give A and Sub 2h13m10s should get you into B

Damn, I guess good :)

I'm dumb with this seeding stuff. What exactly is a virtual winner? I see it is around 6mins quicker than the actual winner. 

Its the theoretical value of the winning time if the winner of the CTCT of this year did this event

its automated process .... 

Its supposed to take into account the conditions, strength of the field, how hard the race was etc based on the participants previous CTCT or something. So that race was "easy" (no big hills, not too much wind) but also hard (almost 42km/h is quicker than normal).

Its supposed to take into account the conditions, strength of the field, how hard the race was etc based on the participants previous CTCT or something. So that race was "easy" (no big hills, not too much wind) but also hard (almost 42km/h is quicker than normal).

winning time takes nothing in consideration as far i'm aware, its just value .. might even be based on km/h average

Beta is how easy/difficult in thoery race was .. Its purely how many slow people went faster (flat roads, lots of wheel suck) (low beta) or how many fast people went slower (team events) (high beta)  ...