Disappointing experience

cadenceblur

Good Afternoon

A bit of a rant / sharing post

Just thought I'd share a negative experience at a bike shop this morning...

I need to shorten a brake hose, so popped into a store to purchase a brake hose barb and olive.

I have bought these elsewhere, so was didn't foresee any issue..

I guess I was wrong, I was dismissively informed by the owner that while they carry these items, they are kept for the workshop only!

I am flabbergasted by the shortsightedness of this individual, clearly more interested in the revenue derived from a brake bleed through his workshop (which was closed by the looks of it anyway), than assisting a customer / member of the cycling community in need.

I definitely will not be spending a cent there going forward.

Cape Town.? There's only so many stores open on a Sunday.

Were they texting at the time perhaps.? LOL 

Yip, only a few stores open on  Sunday in CT.

Not CWC though, went all the way there only to find they are closed for stock take today -   :cursing: .. with nothing on their website..

Sadly it's a Luck or the Draw scenario

I on the other hand had an excellent experience from the guys at The Bike Park at Uitsig, Tokai, this morning

Bike needed some minor attention which they did immediately with a smile.

For sure. Silly me didn't think of them. And guess where I am at present. Indeed They're always willing to assist.

Oh definitely. But from what I hear, many others have had negative experiences at the establishment, so probably already lost credibility. So for a few rands... Hundreds if not thousands will be lost from me alone

Pity that in tough economic conditions staff would see it fit to be narrow minded . Chris and Clint at the Bikepark sir