947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

Saw the route map just now...40km batches starts basically in town. That means even more traffic when the organisers thought the new route will ease congestion. Not a brilliant idea...

The start is not in town, its at Melrose Arch and onto the highway at Atholl Oakland

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be 14/15th one this year .

But my aim is to get to the SPCA booth at the expo early enough to get a S riding shirt. They never have enough stock and I am left staring at XXL sizes.

Every time I see someone riding with the dog/cat shirt I want to push him off his bike...  :ph34r:

Edited by Nettie R

Still in two minds if i'm doing it this year. The sufferfest that was last year is still fresh in my mind.

I did not mention in my previous post, I rode this on a MTB with 2.3 tyres and a ghetto 1 (32) x 10 (34)

IF (big one) I ride it this year, it'll probably be with my steel roadbike (2 x 5) because suffering

Daar is pille vir dit maar Ek hoor dis te groot om te sluk.

4 October. It's hidden in the Terms section...

Thanks, I see the link for FAQ for the main event points to the kiddies ride. Eventually found the right link.

I am also doing the race on my MTB this year. Doing a charity ride but don't really want to spend more than 4- 4:30 hours in the saddle

currently run a 1 X setup 32 front and 11-36 at the back.

I know I am going to spin out on the flats/downhills but the climbs might be a bit rough.

should I look at perhaps swapping the front for a 36T or would that kill me

I am also doing the race on my MTB this year. Doing a charity ride but don't really want to spend more than 4- 4:30 hours in the saddle

I know I am going to spin out on the flats/downhills but the climbs might be a bit rough.

do it.

you will spin out with 32T, and there are no hills you wont get up with a 36-36

I'd even go bigger than 36 up front if it were me

It depends...

20-24 kph average required. Can you do that average on that bike, as is, for 3 loops round the cradle?

It depends...

20-24 kph average required. Can you do that average on that bike, as is, for 3 loops round the cradle?

I don't know. haven't done any cycling on the road for ages. But I have some time left to train so I'm sure I would be able to

think i'll give this a miss, lost my climbing legs back in 2017... and my fitness has been soo terrible since taking a "break"

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before...

How would seeding work if no races have been completed since 94.7 in November 2017.

No races for almost 2 years :thumbdown:

??

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before...

How would seeding work if no races have been completed since 94.7 in November 2017.

No races for almost 2 years :thumbdown:

??

Think you will be best served to do a Racetec timed event ASAP! Otherwise, join a charity group.

On their website it states that it takes the three best results from 1 Oct the previous year until end of Sept in the year of the race. You will even be better off to do three shorter races in the next month and take the 15odd point penalties on them than do nothing at all....

Your time is seriously running out though...:

Sunday, 25 August 2019

http://www.racetec.co.za/img/pt/CR.png Bestmed Cycle4Cansa Championship 2019

North West Province

Sunday, 01 September 2019

http://www.racetec.co.za/img/pt/CR.png PPA Sportive 5

Western Cape

Sunday, 08 September 2019

http://www.racetec.co.za/img/pt/CR.png West Coast Express Fun Ride 2019

Western Cape
Thursday, 05 September 2019

http://www.racetec.co.za/img/pt/CR.png Rand Water Race for Victory

Gauteng

More Info

Saturday, 21 September 2019

http://www.racetec.co.za/img/pt/CR.png 2019 Loskop Road Race

Gauteng
Tuesday, 17 September 2019

http://www.racetec.co.za/img/pt/CR.png PPA Sportive #6

Western Cape
Friday, 27 September 2019
Edited by Swift&Aero

I have ZERO seeding, but was wondering if I could get a seeding by entering 1x race before the event?  Can this be done and if so which race and distance (in Gauteng) could qualify me for a better seeding.    I hate a late start time as with previous events and having to find my way between all the thousands of slower riders.